Local Principal Sells Shoe Collection To Save Jobs
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
She is selling 285 pairs — which fill a room in her apartment — to help close a district budget gap of up to $2.2 million. She’s asking for a donation of $1,000 a pair to save the jobs of 17 teachers, three vice principals, library technicians and others.
Volunteers are uploading photos of the size 7-7 1/2 high-tops, cowboy boots, leopard-print rain boots, sandals, platforms and high heels to a website, http://www.shoestotherescue.com .
Even if they sell out, Miller will still have 65 pairs.