Local Principal Sells Shoe Collection To Save Jobs
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
She is selling 285 pairs — which fill a room in her apartment — to help close a district budget gap of up to $2.2 million. She’s asking for a donation of $1,000 a pair to save the jobs of 17 teachers, three vice principals, library technicians and others.
Volunteers are uploading photos of the size 7-7 1/2 high-tops, cowboy boots, leopard-print rain boots, sandals, platforms and high heels to a website, http://www.shoestotherescue.com .
Even if they sell out, Miller will still have 65 pairs.