Couple Takes Plea Deal In Molestation Case
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
MARTINEZ, Calif. (AP) – An Antioch man will serve life in prison, while his wife has been ordered to serve 15 years after they both admitted to molesting six female relatives.
Prosecutors say Zion Dutro and Glenda Dutro accepted a plea deal Tuesday, choosing prison instead of standing trial where they were facing dozens of counts of child molestation, rape and sodomy.
Authorities say some of the victims were children when the abuse started, and continued through adulthood. They say the couple used religion, physical and verbal intimidation to victimize the girls between 1992 and 2006.
Forty-nine-year-old Zion Dutro pleaded guilty to six counts of molestation on a victim under 14, and other charges. He is expected to receive a 300-years-to-life prison sentence on April 15.
Forty-eight-year-old Glenda Dutro pleaded no contest to six counts and will be sentenced to 15 years.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)