“Here We Build” Aims To Keep Kings In Town And Build New Arena
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The goal of a new group called “Here We Build” is to not only keep the Sacramento Kings in the Capitol City but also to get a new stadium out of the deal.
The group is asking people to donate $200. If a million people do, they’d raise $200 million and be able to negotiate with the Kings and the city of Sacramento.
The idea was inspired by Carmichael Dave from our sister radio station KHTK.
“To stand in front of Kings ownership and say “I’m so sorry for how things have gone– and tell us, what do we need to do,” said Carmichael Dave.
Several businesses have already contributed– and six billboards are up around town.