“Here We Build” Aims To Keep Kings In Town And Build New Arena
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The goal of a new group called “Here We Build” is to not only keep the Sacramento Kings in the Capitol City but also to get a new stadium out of the deal.
The group is asking people to donate $200. If a million people do, they’d raise $200 million and be able to negotiate with the Kings and the city of Sacramento.
The idea was inspired by Carmichael Dave from our sister radio station KHTK.
“To stand in front of Kings ownership and say “I’m so sorry for how things have gone– and tell us, what do we need to do,” said Carmichael Dave.
Several businesses have already contributed– and six billboards are up around town.