Police: Woman Raped, Carjacked At Yuba City Grocery Store
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13 ) — A woman walked out of a grocery store, got in her vehicle and said she was raped and carjacked by a man sitting in her backseat.
Shoppers on now on alert at a Yuba City WinCo grocery store, where yesterday one unsuspecting customer says she came face-to-face with a rapist.
Police say the woman loaded her groceries into her car, but when she got in she says she realized she wasn’t alone. A man was in the backseat armed with a knife, and she says he forced her to start her car and drive to an undisclosed location where he sexually assaulted her and robbed her.
“Once you get in your car, you feel like you’re safe, you’re in your car,” says one Yuba City resident.
Police say they’re stepping up patrols, but the WinCo Company did not respond to questions about their security, but police say the company does not have parking lot guards.
“I try to watch who’s around me; if I come at night, I have someone with me,” says one WinCo customer.
The suspect is described as a man in his 20’s, 5’5”, 120 pounds with a slender build. He is said to have facial hair, and he wore a light blue beanie, blue jacket and black pants. He spoke both English and Spanish, police say.