Police: Woman Raped, Carjacked At Yuba City Grocery Store
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13 ) — A woman walked out of a grocery store, got in her vehicle and said she was raped and carjacked by a man sitting in her backseat.
Shoppers on now on alert at a Yuba City WinCo grocery store, where yesterday one unsuspecting customer says she came face-to-face with a rapist.
Police say the woman loaded her groceries into her car, but when she got in she says she realized she wasn’t alone. A man was in the backseat armed with a knife, and she says he forced her to start her car and drive to an undisclosed location where he sexually assaulted her and robbed her.
“Once you get in your car, you feel like you’re safe, you’re in your car,” says one Yuba City resident.
Police say they’re stepping up patrols, but the WinCo Company did not respond to questions about their security, but police say the company does not have parking lot guards.
“I try to watch who’s around me; if I come at night, I have someone with me,” says one WinCo customer.
The suspect is described as a man in his 20’s, 5’5”, 120 pounds with a slender build. He is said to have facial hair, and he wore a light blue beanie, blue jacket and black pants. He spoke both English and Spanish, police say.