Police: Woman Raped, Carjacked At Yuba City Grocery Store
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
YUBA CITY (CBS13 ) – A woman walked out of a grocery store, got in her vehicle and said she was raped and carjacked by a man sitting in her backseat.
Shoppers on now on alert at a Yuba City WinCo grocery store, where yesterday one unsuspecting customer says she came face-to-face with a rapist.
Police say the woman loaded her groceries into her car, but when she got in she says she realized she wasn’t alone. A man was in the backseat armed with a knife, and she says he forced her to start her car and drive to an undisclosed location where he sexually assaulted her and robbed her.
“Once you get in your car, you feel like you’re safe, you’re in your car,” says one Yuba City resident.
Police say they’re stepping up patrols, but the WinCo Company did not respond to questions about their security, but police say the company does not have parking lot guards.
“I try to watch who’s around me; if I come at night, I have someone with me,” says one WinCo customer.
The suspect is described as a man in his 20’s, 5’5”, 120 pounds with a slender build. He is said to have facial hair, and he wore a light blue beanie, blue jacket and black pants. He spoke both English and Spanish, police say.