Women Arrested For Passing Counterfeit Bills

PLACERVILLE, Calif. (CBS13) — Two women accused of passing thousands of dollars in counterfeit cash at local businesses have been arrested.

Aimee Taylor was arrested Thursday, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Dept. Brandie Smith was arrested a few days later.

Taylor and Smith, both Sacramento residents, are accused of passing $27,000 in counterfeit bills at Placer County and Sacramento County stores in just a couple of months.

“Throughout the months of February and March, they’ve been out almost everyday passing these bills,” said Placer County Sheriff’s Detective Jim Hudson.

It’s possible the suspects may have used more counterfeit money at other retailers that haven’t yet reported it, authorities said. The bills appear very authentic upon a quick glance.

Comments

1. billie the kid says:

what part of the game is that. how do you get away w/ burning 27k in fake $. but you have both of the suspects names. ultimate fail.

1. GW says:

oh they was white, thats why they got away for months. if it was shaneka & lakweesha, there wouldnt be a story.

1. Retired old Guy says:

Your racism is showing. Shame on you. Very unAmerican and just plain nasty.

2. Gillgurl says:

Now that’s not fair to judge all White people the same way they judge us when a crime is committed by a Black person. True, if the two women had been Black, there would have been an out pouring of racist comments easily. Everyone right now is committing crimes in just about every race, the economy is bad, jobs are scarce and people are just feeling lost, people react badly in situations like that. No race is impervious of wrong.

2. GRAPEVINE says:

OH but yes billie the kid, why they are passing fake bills, the police are focusing on speeding tickets, there is no money in arresting people there is more money in speeding tickets. So while retailers take a big hit on fake bills, us law abiding citizens that do not pass fake bills are charge for infractions for going over the speed limit by 5 miles an hour, yes no money in arresting crooks, only infraction to law abiding citizens.

1. timatoe says:

Do you suggest they post cops in every retail store throughout Placer and Sacramento Counties? I highly doubt their allowing this to continue.

BTW, you wouldn’t get a ticket if you were abiding by the law.

2. Michael Casey says:

slow down and shut up

3. Retired old Guy says:

Whining is so unManly. YOu are a nasty criminal.

4. deezee says:

If you are going 5 mph over the speed limit then you aren’t abiding the law…DUH! It always amazes me when people like you get to pick and choose what laws should apply to you. Idiot.

5. adrem says:

G, your ignorance does NOT become you! Would you mind futilely trying to back up your ridiculous statement? If you can provide 1st hand substantiation via internal police Dept. memos, policy/protocol directives or statements and the like re: “police foucusing on speeding tickets” then and only then, can we discuss this further. BTW, won’t be holding my breath!

3. WasteNot says:

Tweekers suck!!!!

4. Tom says:

Sounds like grapevine received a ticket SLOOOOOW ! DOWN !

1. Jimbo says:

Yeah he was probably driving too fast, but I got one of those blasted things and I was driving the flow of traffic. So I can see where it can be frustrating when these cops are paid so much money and granted early retirements, but seldom if ever foil a crime other than sin tax (speeding tix).

5. A WOMAN WHO'S LIFE WAS DESTROYED BY BRANDIE SMITH says:

Brandie destroys peoples lifes, She doesnt care who or what she does to someone as long as she gets what she wants. The bottom line is she will finally be held accountable for her actions. You cannot introduce $27,000, in fake currency into the economy and not expect there to be some reprocussions for your actions. The final statement that I have is… WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND… AND KARMA IS FINALLY COMING YOUR WAY… FOR ALL THE DAMAMGE THAT YOU HAVE DONE TO OTHERS..

1. cl8978 says:

Karma in the name of Secret Service and Federal Time!

2. terry says:

I’m just curious do you know this dip stick personally she needs to know you can run but you can’t hide sooner or later your gonna get caught

1. A WOMANS LIFE WHO WAS DESTROYED BY BRANDIE SMITH says:

Brandie Smith is responsible for the death of my child, However because there was only the moral crime that she committed, she could not be held accountable for her actions, by the State of California. The death of my daughter destroyed my marriage and sent my ex husband on a downward spiral that he hasnt been able to recover from. And of course she never has even accepted any responsibility for her actions So yes I am greatful to see that she is finally getting what she has coming to her. I am even more greatful that once she is in custody, and she eventual will be, that she will not be able to destroy someone else life and family.

3. fn2bhd says:

I am sorry to hear about your child, but exactly how did Brandie cause the death of your child? I only ask, cause those are strong accusations you have made, but didn’t give any credence to the statement.

4. Chrystel Clear says:

Who are you to judge these two girls? these girls were not in there right state of mind. would you feel different if these girls were your mother daughter sister or friend? so before any of you judge these ladies look in the mirror at yourself cause whoever told you that you were perfect lied to you. we love you no matter what has happened in the past or where we stand now.. keep your head up!! love the highlands crew…

1. Tweekers suck says:

Chystel Clear…more like Cristal Meth!! We have no sympathy for TWEEKERS!!!! I’m sure you are one too highlands crew!!

2. A WOMANS LIFE WHO WAS DESTROYED BY BRANDIE SMITH says:

Who am I to judge these girls? I have every right to judge at least one of these girls, considering she so greatly played an inpact in my life. I never claimed to be perfect, here is the difference, I can accept responsiblity for my actions and the choices that I have made. I would judge these girls just as harshly if they were my mother, my sister, or my friend. CHrystel Clear, here is the best advice I will give you…. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE METH CLOUDS THAT YOU BLOW.. and realize that real life, consists of something much more than THE HIGHLANDS CREW… It consists of being accountable for who you are, accepting reponsibility or actions, and being productive members of society. As long as you stand behind these girls you will eventually find yourself in the same situation as these girls.

3. cl8978 says:

Chrystal Clear.. you are correct we are not the ones to “JUDGE” Them! They do a fine job of displaying who they are on their own, they will have their own “JUDGEMENT” Day Soon. I hope they both get what they deserve! DRUGS THIEVES and LIARS are USELESS waste of space. to the person whos life has been destroyed by one of these girls, I hope and pray that someday you can move forward and be comforted knowing that you have an angel in Heaven.

6. Tweekers suck says:

With all that money, too bad they didn’t invest in rehab and a make-over. Probably too busy buying flat screen t.v.s and 40oz of beer.

7. ... says:

Yeah… It’s the secret service that investigates counterfeit currency. They don’t get anything from or care about your speeding tickets.

1. adrem says:

Local law enforcement agencies arrest & prosecute these types of matters all the time – Federal Govt does NOT always do so…

8. Millie says:

I wonder who snitched her out for the reward

9. Sane Guy In the World Alone says:

if your name is all on tv. why are you still in the sacramento area. what a dumb chic. smith you are next, believe that.

10. termite says:

I’m just curious ,why is it when I cash a hundred dollar bill they always check it with the dye pen. Didn’t anyone check the bills at any of these stores ? They way things are going they need to educate those employees on all bills real or not..

1. Stavrose says:

Good for you Termite finally a statement worth responding to (no offense) I would check with if possible who was a the registers where this bills were accepted and check if they have any connection to the accused that dye pen should have alerted them -if it was used. and the plot thickens…also since the accused knows someone snitched on them maybe they will do the same.offer her an eight-ball she,ll tell on everybody….

2. Jeff Wilson says:

There are flaws in your comments. Having worked in retail, The pens are not effective. One of the biggest scams with money is washing a one and turning it into a ten, five into fifty, tens into hundreds. The pen would still tell you that the paper was real. There are machines out there the will detect the strips in the currency. Different denominations have the strip in different locations and color. Most store do not use these machines, for it takes more time at the register and causes more complaints from all the impatient people in line.

3. cl8978 says:

I think this is the same girl that came into the place I work part time and tried to give me a phony 100.00 I held it up to the light and had to take a couple of seconds to register, but it was Abraham Lincolns face in the watermark! Not Benjamin Franklin!

11. spliffsmommy says:

typical skanks..enjoy yr prison wives skanks..lol

12. david says:

they both look like meth queens. sure are lots of sick people these days. sad, really.

13. Rather not say says:

What’s sad is that about 14 years ago, I went to church with Brandie.She had it rough as a kid, coming from an abuseful and neglectful home where drugs were used. She lived down the street from our church and she came quite often, and she became a part of our youth group. She was welcomed with open arms and I really believe she felt safe there. And she wanted to be around people who wanted to do right. She had hope. But it looks like she chose to give that up because doing drugs and stealing is easier than actually working hard and overcoming the way you were raised. It’s very sad to hear this. She has made a very bad choice, and very soon she will have to face the consequences.

1. Friend from the past says:

I agree, Brandie had a VERY rough childhood. Her mom was never there and her dad…wow. I am very sorry to see this is the path she has chosen. I can’t say i am surprised, I spoke to her recently and she sounded like the same shady teenager that I hung out with years ago, she never grew up like the rest us had to. It really is very sad.

14. Grant Onthey says:

She stole my chuck n cheese shot glass 15 years ago. Her sister is going to love this story.

15. cl8978 says:

The Only Place to two will find sympathy is in the dictionary… between Sh!t and Syphyllis!

16. Someone who is sad to say they know these LOSERS! says:

I know Brandi from years ago and let me tell you I am not surprised at all that this is how she chooses to live her life. What a waste of life. Aimee I also know, she has been in and out of jail since she was a teenager. I have no sympathy for either one of them. From what I remember of them they were nothing but trouble makers, bullies, and white trash skanks that slept around. Ghetto! And for the poor woman that had lost her daughter because of Brandi, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry that this waste of a person is still her while your daughter is not. Its a shame.

1. BRANDIEE M.F. SMITH says:

u guys are all pathetic FOR THE RECORD I NEVER SLEPT AROUND, I WASNT A BULLY, I NEVER STOLE A CHUCK E CHEESE SHOTGLASS, MY DAD WAS A VERY GOOD DAD SO ID APPRECIATE IT IF YOU KEPT LIES ABOUT MY FAMILY OUT I DONT KNOW WHO U THINK YOU ARE BUT UR NOBODY IN MY WORLD BUT A PITTIFUL LIAR! AND AS FOR YOU MARTY, YOUVE GOT TO BE THE LAMEST PEICE OF WASTE OF SPACE TO WALK THIS WORLD, WHY DONT YOU KEEP IT REAL AND ADMIT, AND TAKE RESPONSABILITY FOR YOUR DAUGHTER DYING HAD YOU NOT BEEN SMOKING DOPE THE HOLE TIME AND LYING ABOUT GOING TO THE DOCTORS U BABY WOULDNT OF BEEN DEAD INSIDE OF U FOR3 WEEKS BEFOR YOU FOUND OUT! IM NOT THE ONE WHO PASSED YOU THE PIPE OR GAVE U THE SACK

17. concerned reader says:

Brandie looks like she’s stoned out of her mind!

18. Dave says:

Hey BRANDIEE maybe you should have stayed in school then you could have to learned to spell or maybe even learned to write a letter

19. The Blogger says:

Crank is a tool of the devil………..