Boater Drowns On Toulumne River
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
A boater drowned today on the Tuloumne Ruver in West Modesto after his boat took on water.
The 68-year-old man was piloting his 8-10-foot-long fiberglass boat on the river between Carpenter Road and Crowsnest Road when it began to take on water, according to Modesto Police Detective Detective Steven Stanfield. The man went into the water and he and his boat were swept downstream.
Swift river currents swept the man into foliage along an s-curve in the river. He stayed in there until Modesto Fire Department rescuers were able to free him.
He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released pending notification of family.