Boater Drowns On Toulumne River
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
A boater drowned today on the Tuloumne Ruver in West Modesto after his boat took on water.
The 68-year-old man was piloting his 8-10-foot-long fiberglass boat on the river between Carpenter Road and Crowsnest Road when it began to take on water, according to Modesto Police Detective Detective Steven Stanfield. The man went into the water and he and his boat were swept downstream.
Swift river currents swept the man into foliage along an s-curve in the river. He stayed in there until Modesto Fire Department rescuers were able to free him.
He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released pending notification of family.