Boater Drowns On Toulumne River
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
A boater drowned today on the Tuloumne Ruver in West Modesto after his boat took on water.
The 68-year-old man was piloting his 8-10-foot-long fiberglass boat on the river between Carpenter Road and Crowsnest Road when it began to take on water, according to Modesto Police Detective Detective Steven Stanfield. The man went into the water and he and his boat were swept downstream.
Swift river currents swept the man into foliage along an s-curve in the river. He stayed in there until Modesto Fire Department rescuers were able to free him.
He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released pending notification of family.