Boater Drowns On Toulumne River
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
A boater drowned today on the Tuloumne Ruver in West Modesto after his boat took on water.
The 68-year-old man was piloting his 8-10-foot-long fiberglass boat on the river between Carpenter Road and Crowsnest Road when it began to take on water, according to Modesto Police Detective Detective Steven Stanfield. The man went into the water and he and his boat were swept downstream.
Swift river currents swept the man into foliage along an s-curve in the river. He stayed in there until Modesto Fire Department rescuers were able to free him.
He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released pending notification of family.