School VP Accused Of Molestation
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (CBS13) – An elementary school vice principal has been arrested after being accused of molesting a boy in Sacramento County, according to authorities.
Cleo Gordon Elementary School Vice Principal Chris Vargas, 38, was arrested late last month for lewd and lascivious acts on a child under the age of 14, according to arrest logs at the Sacramento County Main Jail.
Vargas faced accusations of molesting a different victim — an 11-year-old boy — several years ago.
Some published reports say the alleged victims were Vargas’ own family members, but some parents of students at the school say they are worried about other victims and haven’t received answers from school officials.
The school is on break until Monday.
Vargas’ next court date is scheduled for April 15. He is being held on $500,000 bail.