School VP Accused Of Molestation
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (CBS13) – An elementary school vice principal has been arrested after being accused of molesting a boy in Sacramento County, according to authorities.
Cleo Gordon Elementary School Vice Principal Chris Vargas, 38, was arrested late last month for lewd and lascivious acts on a child under the age of 14, according to arrest logs at the Sacramento County Main Jail.
Vargas faced accusations of molesting a different victim — an 11-year-old boy — several years ago.
Some published reports say the alleged victims were Vargas’ own family members, but some parents of students at the school say they are worried about other victims and haven’t received answers from school officials.
The school is on break until Monday.
Vargas’ next court date is scheduled for April 15. He is being held on $500,000 bail.