School VP Accused Of Molestation
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (CBS13) – An elementary school vice principal has been arrested after being accused of molesting a boy in Sacramento County, according to authorities.
Cleo Gordon Elementary School Vice Principal Chris Vargas, 38, was arrested late last month for lewd and lascivious acts on a child under the age of 14, according to arrest logs at the Sacramento County Main Jail.
Vargas faced accusations of molesting a different victim — an 11-year-old boy — several years ago.
Some published reports say the alleged victims were Vargas’ own family members, but some parents of students at the school say they are worried about other victims and haven’t received answers from school officials.
The school is on break until Monday.
Vargas’ next court date is scheduled for April 15. He is being held on $500,000 bail.