School VP Accused Of Molestation
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (CBS13) – An elementary school vice principal has been arrested after being accused of molesting a boy in Sacramento County, according to authorities.
Cleo Gordon Elementary School Vice Principal Chris Vargas, 38, was arrested late last month for lewd and lascivious acts on a child under the age of 14, according to arrest logs at the Sacramento County Main Jail.
Vargas faced accusations of molesting a different victim — an 11-year-old boy — several years ago.
Some published reports say the alleged victims were Vargas’ own family members, but some parents of students at the school say they are worried about other victims and haven’t received answers from school officials.
The school is on break until Monday.
Vargas’ next court date is scheduled for April 15. He is being held on $500,000 bail.