Navy FA-18 Crashes Near Central California Air Station
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
LEMOORE, Calif. (AP) – Fresno County officials in California say two people are dead after a fighter jet crashed near an air base.
Fresno County deputy coroner Sarah Davis confirmed the deaths, but released no other details
Officials from the Naval Air Station in Lemoore say the F/A-18 aircraft went down shortly after noon Wednesday.
F/18 Hornets are single-seat jets that are used by the military for combat operations and also in the Navy’s Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Squadron, which performs aerial shows.
Lemoore is about 30 miles south of Fresno in Central California.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)