Navy FA-18 Crashes Near Central California Air Station
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
LEMOORE, Calif. (AP) – Fresno County officials in California say two people are dead after a fighter jet crashed near an air base.
Fresno County deputy coroner Sarah Davis confirmed the deaths, but released no other details
Officials from the Naval Air Station in Lemoore say the F/A-18 aircraft went down shortly after noon Wednesday.
F/18 Hornets are single-seat jets that are used by the military for combat operations and also in the Navy’s Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Squadron, which performs aerial shows.
Lemoore is about 30 miles south of Fresno in Central California.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)