Navy FA-18 Crashes Near Central California Air Station
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LEMOORE, Calif. (AP) – Fresno County officials in California say two people are dead after a fighter jet crashed near an air base.
Fresno County deputy coroner Sarah Davis confirmed the deaths, but released no other details
Officials from the Naval Air Station in Lemoore say the F/A-18 aircraft went down shortly after noon Wednesday.
F/18 Hornets are single-seat jets that are used by the military for combat operations and also in the Navy’s Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Squadron, which performs aerial shows.
Lemoore is about 30 miles south of Fresno in Central California.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)