Navy FA-18 Crashes Near Central California Air Station
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LEMOORE, Calif. (AP) – Fresno County officials in California say two people are dead after a fighter jet crashed near an air base.
Fresno County deputy coroner Sarah Davis confirmed the deaths, but released no other details
Officials from the Naval Air Station in Lemoore say the F/A-18 aircraft went down shortly after noon Wednesday.
F/18 Hornets are single-seat jets that are used by the military for combat operations and also in the Navy’s Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Squadron, which performs aerial shows.
Lemoore is about 30 miles south of Fresno in Central California.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)