Calif Lawmakers Barred From Having Guns In Capitol
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
The Assembly would not release the names of the four lawmakers who had sought the permission.
Sergeants-at-arms in the Assembly began carrying .40-caliber semiautomatic handguns full-time this week in response to recent threats against state lawmakers and the shooting of a congresswoman in Arizona in January.
The Senate’s chief sergeant, Tony Beard, says no senator has asked to carry a weapon.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)