Calif Lawmakers Barred From Having Guns In Capitol
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
The Assembly would not release the names of the four lawmakers who had sought the permission.
Sergeants-at-arms in the Assembly began carrying .40-caliber semiautomatic handguns full-time this week in response to recent threats against state lawmakers and the shooting of a congresswoman in Arizona in January.
The Senate’s chief sergeant, Tony Beard, says no senator has asked to carry a weapon.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)