Calif Lawmakers Barred From Having Guns In Capitol
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
The Assembly would not release the names of the four lawmakers who had sought the permission.
Sergeants-at-arms in the Assembly began carrying .40-caliber semiautomatic handguns full-time this week in response to recent threats against state lawmakers and the shooting of a congresswoman in Arizona in January.
The Senate’s chief sergeant, Tony Beard, says no senator has asked to carry a weapon.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)