Calif Lawmakers Barred From Having Guns In Capitol
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
The Assembly would not release the names of the four lawmakers who had sought the permission.
Sergeants-at-arms in the Assembly began carrying .40-caliber semiautomatic handguns full-time this week in response to recent threats against state lawmakers and the shooting of a congresswoman in Arizona in January.
The Senate’s chief sergeant, Tony Beard, says no senator has asked to carry a weapon.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)