Calif. Insurance Commissioner Joins In Lawsuit Against Sutter Health
CBS Sacramento (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSSacramento.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSSacramento.com/Health
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones has filed to intervene in a lawsuit that alleges Sutter Health hospitals engaged in false billing practices for anesthesia services.
Jones says through false and overblown bills, Sutter allegedly bilked patients out of hundreds of millions of dollars.
Sutter spokesman Bill Gleeson denies the allegations, saying the plaintiffs in the lawsuit haven’t provided evidence to support their claims of billing improprieties.
Sutter is one of the largest hospital chains in California.
The commissioner’s motion was filed Wednesday and will be heard May 5.
The case will be decided by a jury in Sacramento.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)