Stockton Woman Suspected Of Prostitution With Babies In Car
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Oakland police have arrested a suspected prostitute who allegedly left her newborn babies in a car while she worked.
The Oakland Tribune says the 25-year-old Stockton woman was arrested Wednesday afternoon during a sting operation. Her name wasn’t immediately released.
Police say the woman was seen loitering on 16th Avenue near a dirty Oldsmobile. She allegedly agreed to paid sex and got into the car of an undercover policeman.
Sgt. Roland Holmgren says she was stopped a few blocks away and told officers that her 1-month-old boy and girl were in her car. They were found sleeping in car seats and were turned over to child welfare officials.
Holmgren says the woman said she needed money to get home to Stockton and asked: “What else am I supposed to do?”‘