Child Drowns In San Joaquin Canal
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
STOCKTON, Calif. (CBS13) – A young child has died after falling into a San Joaquin County canal Saturday evening, authorities said.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department said a two-year-old boy went missing Saturday on West Clifton Court and was found unresponsive in an irrigation canal west of Stockton about 40 minutes later.
The water temperature was about 45 to 50 degrees, authorities said, and emergency crews immediately began performing lifesaving measures.
The boy was taken to Oakland Children’s Hospital, where he died, officials said.
The identity of the victim has not been released.