Child Drowns In San Joaquin Canal
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON, Calif. (CBS13) – A young child has died after falling into a San Joaquin County canal Saturday evening, authorities said.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department said a two-year-old boy went missing Saturday on West Clifton Court and was found unresponsive in an irrigation canal west of Stockton about 40 minutes later.
The water temperature was about 45 to 50 degrees, authorities said, and emergency crews immediately began performing lifesaving measures.
The boy was taken to Oakland Children’s Hospital, where he died, officials said.
The identity of the victim has not been released.