Child Drowns In San Joaquin Canal
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
STOCKTON, Calif. (CBS13) – A young child has died after falling into a San Joaquin County canal Saturday evening, authorities said.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department said a two-year-old boy went missing Saturday on West Clifton Court and was found unresponsive in an irrigation canal west of Stockton about 40 minutes later.
The water temperature was about 45 to 50 degrees, authorities said, and emergency crews immediately began performing lifesaving measures.
The boy was taken to Oakland Children’s Hospital, where he died, officials said.
The identity of the victim has not been released.