Child Drowns In San Joaquin Canal
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON, Calif. (CBS13) – A young child has died after falling into a San Joaquin County canal Saturday evening, authorities said.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department said a two-year-old boy went missing Saturday on West Clifton Court and was found unresponsive in an irrigation canal west of Stockton about 40 minutes later.
The water temperature was about 45 to 50 degrees, authorities said, and emergency crews immediately began performing lifesaving measures.
The boy was taken to Oakland Children’s Hospital, where he died, officials said.
The identity of the victim has not been released.