Child Drowns In San Joaquin Canal
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
STOCKTON, Calif. (CBS13) – A young child has died after falling into a San Joaquin County canal Saturday evening, authorities said.
The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department said a two-year-old boy went missing Saturday on West Clifton Court and was found unresponsive in an irrigation canal west of Stockton about 40 minutes later.
The water temperature was about 45 to 50 degrees, authorities said, and emergency crews immediately began performing lifesaving measures.
The boy was taken to Oakland Children’s Hospital, where he died, officials said.
The identity of the victim has not been released.