Passenger Wounded In Possible Road Rage Shooting
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A male passenger was shot in the back from gunfire that may have come from another angry driver.
The Sacramento Sheriff’s Department said the female driver had just merged into traffic on Highway 99 near Florin road at about 12:30 p.m. when she noticed someone tailgating her at an extremely close distance.
A short time later, the woman heard a pop, and her male passenger was wounded in the back by a bullet.
Investigators said the bullet went into the back of the car on the driver’s side, but was deflected into the back of the passenger’s seat.
The victim, a Florida resident, was rushed to Kaiser South and is in surgery.
A suspect has not been identified.