Passenger Wounded In Possible Road Rage Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A male passenger was shot in the back from gunfire that may have come from another angry driver.
The Sacramento Sheriff’s Department said the female driver had just merged into traffic on Highway 99 near Florin road at about 12:30 p.m. when she noticed someone tailgating her at an extremely close distance.
A short time later, the woman heard a pop, and her male passenger was wounded in the back by a bullet.
Investigators said the bullet went into the back of the car on the driver’s side, but was deflected into the back of the passenger’s seat.
The victim, a Florida resident, was rushed to Kaiser South and is in surgery.
A suspect has not been identified.