Passenger Wounded In Possible Road Rage Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A male passenger was shot in the back from gunfire that may have come from another angry driver.
The Sacramento Sheriff’s Department said the female driver had just merged into traffic on Highway 99 near Florin road at about 12:30 p.m. when she noticed someone tailgating her at an extremely close distance.
A short time later, the woman heard a pop, and her male passenger was wounded in the back by a bullet.
Investigators said the bullet went into the back of the car on the driver’s side, but was deflected into the back of the passenger’s seat.
The victim, a Florida resident, was rushed to Kaiser South and is in surgery.
A suspect has not been identified.