Parolee Arrested In Folsom After Attempting To Swim To Freedom
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – A report of a possible drunk driver led to the arrest of a parolee at large Wednesday night in Folsom but not before a high-speed chase in a stolen car and an attempt to swim to freedom, according to police.
Police say first got a call about a car swerving all over the roadway on Blue Ravine Road. The license plate given by the caller came up as stolen.
Officers attempted to pull the driver over but the driver took off on a short but high speed chase nearing speeds of 100 miles per hour. It ended when the driver crashed at Iron Point Road and Oak Avenue Parkway.
The suspect ran through fields and attempted to swim across a pond to escape capture. Folsom Police, with help from a Citrus Heights K-9 team, found the suspect about an hour later.
Police arrested 29-year-old Eric Joseph Souza. Souza has been linked to several burglaries throughout Folsom in recent months.
He was arrested for vehicle theft, evading police officers, possession of stolen property, and parole violation. He’s being held without bail at the Sacramento County Main Jail.