Parolee Arrested In Folsom After Attempting To Swim To Freedom
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – A report of a possible drunk driver led to the arrest of a parolee at large Wednesday night in Folsom but not before a high-speed chase in a stolen car and an attempt to swim to freedom, according to police.
Police say first got a call about a car swerving all over the roadway on Blue Ravine Road. The license plate given by the caller came up as stolen.
Officers attempted to pull the driver over but the driver took off on a short but high speed chase nearing speeds of 100 miles per hour. It ended when the driver crashed at Iron Point Road and Oak Avenue Parkway.
The suspect ran through fields and attempted to swim across a pond to escape capture. Folsom Police, with help from a Citrus Heights K-9 team, found the suspect about an hour later.
Police arrested 29-year-old Eric Joseph Souza. Souza has been linked to several burglaries throughout Folsom in recent months.
He was arrested for vehicle theft, evading police officers, possession of stolen property, and parole violation. He’s being held without bail at the Sacramento County Main Jail.