Life-Saving Service Dog Now Needs Life-Saving Help

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A woman who says her service dog saved her life is now trying to save his life.

Debra Armstrong says her Yorkie Ty alerts her before her pacemaker shocks her giving her time to avoid a cardiac episode.

But, now it is Ty’s heart that she’s worried about.

He is so weak, he only gets around in a wheelchair.

Ty needs thousands of dollars in veterinarian care that Debra just can’t afford.

“And it’s a shame because he’s helped me though so much and now he needs so much and I can’t give it him,” explained Armstrong.

If you’d like to help save Ty, you can find out more information at
www.puppyloverescue.com.

Comments

1. laurie209 says:

Since Ty is a service dog , I would think that the government would foot the bill for his care. but no, our local govermnent needs to build a stadium for a losing team.

2. Barbara McCray says:

Barbara McCray
    ai totally agree, Lets us all build a stadium, To hell with the homeless, To hell with people of all needs, Lets build that dam stadium. I quess we all could eat that huh??? And for a team that can’t fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

3. Christy B says:

HEllo?! The new stadium creates jobs and brings ongoing revenue to our city. I agree that there should be a program for the service animals..but get a clue people.

1. Robin says:

New Stadiums do NOT provide new jobs or improve the economy. I was living in Oakland when the Raiders owner, Davis, convinced our local government to build a new stadium. It was a fiscal nightmare, and from what I understand of friends that still live in the Bay Area, still is.

1. Valentina says:

So there will be no employees at the new arena? And are you saying there will be no tax revenue generated by games, concerts, shows, merchandise and concessions? Weird.

4. Lori Ann Angell says:

Think of the good life Ty has lived and the services he has provided for his owner. I hope we can raise the money that he needs to continue doing his job for many more years. Consider donating at least a dollar. If we all donate, imagine how much money we could raise to Ty the super wonderful service dog!!

1. Debra Armstrong says:

I have been dealing with many problems with Ty and my health and mold in my house. I have just wanted to thank you for your comments. If everyone just sent a dollar or two we’d have enough. We did raise enough for futher tests, but now it’s time to stop. I can’t put him through anymore. I’m now just trying to have enough money to keep hiim comfortable and as happy as possible. His monthly medication is so expensive, that’s even hard. I try to think of the good times we’ve had.
      We’re having a yard sale in August to raise money for him. Updates on that will be on our website. PuppyLoveRescue.com
      Thanks for the good thoughts.

5. Harvey says:

So one lady’s dog is more important than a revenue/job-generating franchise that represents an entire region???

I’m no proponent of using government funds to subsidize a private business, but people need to stop thinking of the government as the entity responsible for fulfulling all of their needs.

1. sactobabe says:

But what if I don’t care about the Kings, am I still going to be taxed, etc. to contribute to the new arena? A new stadium does not represent me.

Personally, I think it is sad that someone with a service dog has to go looking outside to find help, it should be provided. Sad that the Police and Sheriff K-9 units have to go looking outside to find help, it should be provided.

6. HooDatIS? says:

i love dogs
    i recently loss fifty percent of my vision and without my dog i could not never leave the house
    take care of your pets people they are family