Passenger In Car Shot In Head In South Sacramento

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Police are searching for a shooting suspect who fired into a moving car hitting a man in the head.

The shooting happened in South Sacramento on 47th Avenue and Martin Luther King Boulevard Thursday evening.

However, the crime scene ended up in front of the UC Davis Medical Center after the woman behind the wheel of the car raced to the hospital for help.

The white car ended up halfway up on the curb in front of the emergency entrance of the medical center.

Police officers combed over the car collecting evidence and marking at least one bullet hole.

The female driver is the only witness to the shooting, but so far there is not a description of the suspect or the suspect vehicle.

Comments

1. Tired of the Shootings...... says:

And let me guess…..

No one saw anything??????????????

Come on people, it is time to start standing up for what is right…..

Every race needs to stand together and say enough is enough and put these hoods where they belong….

Either in jail, or 6 feet under…..

1. Sick of S. Sac says:

6 feet under, please!

2. Mike says:

Can’t…..if South Sac gets cleaned up then how is the po-lice gonna justify their budget/jobs? This is a win-win situation. Sorry, but cleaning South Sac is NOT going to happen.

2. David says:

It’s is a sad day when we have more concern about the bullet, and nothing about the passengers condition. How is the passenger, is he okay, critical, or guarded condition?

3. termite says:

It just mystifies me how the police are going to find any evidence on the car ? when the shooter was in the other car. Whats one bullet hole going to tell them , take a coffee break and lets think about this one.
    California should pass a gun law so that the other car could have shot back. Give me a break this is So. Sac. do you expect anything different , don’t blame the cops , blame the laws , 2nd Amendment.

4. SucktownUSA says:

Hmmm Gang Related I bet… So.Sacramento getting “Cleaned Up” all I can say is yeah right! Hasn’t happened yet and NEVER WILL… The POLICE tend to be stuck on Stupid when you consider they made a crime scene out of the car that the VICTIM was shot in. The ONLY witness to this crime was the driver and friend… Let’s just say if your friend got shot and you know your the ONLY witness do you HONESTLY think they want to say anything for FEAR of being shot or hurt as well. Come On GET REAL! So. Sacramento isn’t known for prime real estate and yuppies…

5. HooDatIS? says:

this is awful man
    this senseless violence has to stop right now
    loser

6. Kel says:

This was not gang related. Sadly, a great young man lost his life over senseless social network postings. We pray that leads will come to the surface so that his family can see justice. RIP…We love and miss you immensly.

7. SucktownUSA says:

@Kel SORRY for your and the families loss! Glad to hear it isn’t gang related. I think it’s pretty SAD that a worthy young man lost his life over “Social Network” postings… Talk about senseless that is very sad and for someone to resort to taking another’s life Horrible! I pray for all involved and hope JUSTICE is what the family gets. I hope the COWARD that took this young mans life serves lots of time so that they can think about their careless actions daily and how it doesn’t effect just the victim but victims family, friends, and friends of friends! It impacts many people and their lives!!! I hope they get life in the prison system although DEATH is more favorable because we wouldn’t want them released back into the communities only to harm again!!

8. Bri says:

Man i cant believe your gone.. Trust me your never forgotten hun i love ya man !!! & i hope the jerks who did this to you burn 6feet under!! They took someone great from us who didnt deserve to go!! I can only imagine what your immediate family is going through.. Your gone but your NEVER forgotten your memory lays in all of our hearts!! Your in a better place now away from all this bs down here… Watch over all of us love .. We miss you dearly !! RIP

9. Jolene says:

RIP DUTCH WE MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH…..I HATE THAT YOU ARE NOT HERE BUT NOW YOU ARE IN A BETTER PLACE…WE LOVE YOU ALWAYS….NO IT WASNT GANG RELATED, IT WAS OVER A LOOK THATS FUNNY HOW EVERYONE AND THE POLICE WANTS TO SAY THAT, WHAT IS THAT DUE TO IT BEING IN SOUTH SAC?….. LET IT HAD BEEN ELK GROVE OR FOLSOM MAYBE THINGS WOULD BE TAKEN MORE SERIOUSLY. I DON’T WISH BAD ON NO ONE BUT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DID THIS TO OUR FAMILY. IF THE POLICE DON’T CATCH YOU. I KNOW THE LORD WILL. IT’S A SHAME WHAT OUR WORLD HAS CAME TOO. THE POLICE THEY ARE A BIG JOKE TO ME, AS MUCH AS THEY BE ON PATROL IN SOUTH SAC SUPPOSELY WORKING WHILE TALKING ON THERE CELL PHONES WITHOUT EAR PIECE’S, OR AT STARBUCKS 5-10 OFFICER HAVING A BREAK. THE ONLY THING I SEE THEM DOING IS GIVING OUT TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS TO GET QUOTAS. WHAT CAN YOU DO THEY POLICE THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT TO.

10. Ciera says:

I miss u soo much Dutch!! We all do!! RIP…I know we only had the hi’s and bye’s but I miss one more person saying that to me and everyone is so much different now that you’re gone. You are missed terribly and whoever did this to you,will pay the price!!