Student Accused Of Pimping Underage Girl
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A high school senior has been accused by federal authorities of pimping a 14-year-old girl, but stunned family members defended her against the charges.
The FBI’s human trafficking task force said 18-year-old Kyndra Devore and her 25-year-old boyfriend helped solicit sex for her underage friend.
Devore denied the accusations in a jailhouse interview and said federal authorities are trying to set her up for the charges because she won’t cooperate with their investigation
“The girl, I think, is a prostitute on her own. We didn’t pimp her, I didn’t pimp her, had no part in pimping,” she said.
“Because I’m not saying who it was, they’re just gonna put it on me,” Devore added.
The suspect’s father, Will Devore, hadn’t heard about the charges when CBS13 contacted him for comment and expressed shock at the severity of the alleged crimes.
“She’s a good girl.. [it’s] gotta be a mistake,” he said. “She has no need for money. I give her $1,000 a month.”
Kyndra said she hopes she can prevail when she pleads her case in court.
Federal authorities said they may be releasing more details about the allegations in coming weeks.
Devore is being held on $100,000 bail on charges of prostitution and pimping a person under 16 years of age.