Woman Killed In I-80 Accident
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A female driver died and a passenger was seriously hurt in an early morning accident on Interstate 80.
The California Highway Patrol said an SUV was traveling on eastbound Interstate 80 between the Interstate 5 junction and Truxel Road when it clipped another car, causing both drivers to spin out of control.
The SUV struck the center median, ejecting both occupants. The driver was thrown over the guard rail and into oncoming traffic, where she was struck by other vehicles and killed.
The other occupant was rushed to the hospital with a broken back and other injuries.
Authorities are still investigating the crash but say alcohol may have been a factor.