Woman Killed In I-80 Accident
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A female driver died and a passenger was seriously hurt in an early morning accident on Interstate 80.
The California Highway Patrol said an SUV was traveling on eastbound Interstate 80 between the Interstate 5 junction and Truxel Road when it clipped another car, causing both drivers to spin out of control.
The SUV struck the center median, ejecting both occupants. The driver was thrown over the guard rail and into oncoming traffic, where she was struck by other vehicles and killed.
The other occupant was rushed to the hospital with a broken back and other injuries.
Authorities are still investigating the crash but say alcohol may have been a factor.