Woman Killed In I-80 Accident
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A female driver died and a passenger was seriously hurt in an early morning accident on Interstate 80.
The California Highway Patrol said an SUV was traveling on eastbound Interstate 80 between the Interstate 5 junction and Truxel Road when it clipped another car, causing both drivers to spin out of control.
The SUV struck the center median, ejecting both occupants. The driver was thrown over the guard rail and into oncoming traffic, where she was struck by other vehicles and killed.
The other occupant was rushed to the hospital with a broken back and other injuries.
Authorities are still investigating the crash but say alcohol may have been a factor.