Woman Killed In I-80 Accident
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A female driver died and a passenger was seriously hurt in an early morning accident on Interstate 80.
The California Highway Patrol said an SUV was traveling on eastbound Interstate 80 between the Interstate 5 junction and Truxel Road when it clipped another car, causing both drivers to spin out of control.
The SUV struck the center median, ejecting both occupants. The driver was thrown over the guard rail and into oncoming traffic, where she was struck by other vehicles and killed.
The other occupant was rushed to the hospital with a broken back and other injuries.
Authorities are still investigating the crash but say alcohol may have been a factor.