Woman Allegedly Killed By Boyfriend Was Pregnant

COLFAX (CBS13) – A woman allegedly shot to death by her boyfriend on Sunday night in Colfax has been identified.

The Placer County Sheriff’s Department says the woman is 30-year-old Sarah Burr from Grass Valley.  Burr’s family tells CBS13 that Burr was pregnant at the time of her death.

Burr’s boyfriend, 35-year-old Lee Konnerth, was arrested after deputies were called to a home on Catskill Drive in Colfax by an off-duty police officer.  The off-duty officer was in the area when he heard a gun shot.  He went to investigate and found Burr lying on the porch of the home with a fatal gunshot wound.

The off-duty officer detained two men at the home at gunpoint until Sheriff’s deputies and paramedics arrived.  Konnerth was arrested  and is being held in the Placer County Jail without bail.

The other man at the home was released after questioning.

Comments

1. Verona says:

This is why Women of Worth offers a way out with its long-term domestic violence shelter. 50% of all women murdered in the US are killed by a spouse or an acquaintance. Domestic Violence occurs in 60% of marriages and is the most under reported crime. Most women who are physically abused never contact shelters, or the police for help. Even if they did, there are more animal shelters than there are domestic violence shelters. Speak out against domestic violence.

1. usesomethingelseforyourcommercial! says:

This may not be why. You have no history of this man. He could have just gone crazy that day!
      And another thing. I went to these so called services. I got told [because I used the word ‘guts’ to a counselor when she asked me what it took for me to come there, ] “Perhaps you can find a more proper way of speech for a lady! “PFFFFFFT! I never went back! Go to h-e-double toothpicks all of you! Women do not need to be criticized when in this position!

2. Chai T says:

Unfortunately they left out the very sad fact that the girl was 7 months pregnant and also had 2 daughters that she was a wonderful mother to. This is such a tragic event!

3. hotrod91614 says:

Sad to hear some men,now a days,,,still got no reguard for human life,,a pregnant mother too,,get him in prison,,,shank him,,n give him a taste of fear n pain!!!!,,he instilled on that family,,prayers go out to all the family n friends of the victim/s!!!

1. wowwow says:

California’s education system at its finest!!

1. jenfurmel says:

A man beating on a woman HAS NOTHING to do with a persons EDUCATION it is all about how ones family rases them…I know from my own life since I was abused by a boyfriend in high school. Even if a woman calls the cops, have people who have heard the person say they are going to kill you and your family they just take a report and move on… After the fourth report I made with the cops they said if I made one more they would give it to the DA, I never did have to make the 5 reoprt. I feel the only time cops really help women who are in this place, is once they are dead, I feel very luck to still be alive…I’m sooo sorry for your family…

2. Christopher Eaton says:

Two wrongs do not make a right. It would be ill against her memory to do such a thing. Sarah was a very kind person.

4. Karen Bail;ey says:

Prayers for all.

1. Michael Casey says:

amen

5. Dan says:

This was my sister & she was a good mom to her daughters & was finally having a son. We are very sad over this

1. larrythelump says:

I’m sorry to hear about your sister. It sounds like you have a strong family support. That is what will help and hold you all together after this horrible event..

2. usesomethingelseforyourcommercial! says:

May God bless you in your journey dear ones….May they rest in peace…

6. JENNIFER T. says:

COUSIIN DAN, SAD ISN’T EVEN THE WORD TO EXPLAIN THE HEARTBREAK OUR FAMILY FEELS. THIS IS COUSIN JEN AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU, THE GIRLS, UNCLE BUD N AUNT DEB. I TRULY HAVE A HOLE IN MY SOUL THAT KEEPS GROWING DAY BY DAY. I LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL BE UP THERE IN A FEW DAYS. GOD BLESS OUR FAMILY

1. Dan T. says:

Thank you cuz. Yes this has left a hole in our heart and soul. No more seeing Sarah with her nursing outfit on and seeing her beautiful smile. Every time I have walked into her place of work last few days I turn to see if it is Sarah coming through the doorway, forgetting😦

7. Don & Connie Burt says:

We knew Sarah in the late 90’s when she was a tenant in our granny unit. We knew her as a wonderful, beautiful person who had a drean of becoming a nurse. Such a sad, sad end for this lovely woman. God bless her and regards to her family, especially her children in this tragic time.

8. Raven donaldson says:

I was sarah’s chain and I miss her so much is so sad what happened

9. ken says:

Was Sarah known to be abused by this man, or is everyone just assuming this? Does anyone know all the facts of this case, it seems very unclear as to what happen to me, one report said the man said it was self inflicted and another said it was an accident, and another said that he shot her.. So which is it? I’m very sorry to the family for their loss especially her children, its horrible for them to grow up without their mother. I wish nothing but the best for them.. And hopefully everything is sorted out and the family gets some closure..

10. Jocelyn Burr says:

I know everything that happened and i know this because i am her daughter and i was there wen she was murdered she was a wonderful mother.and we all miss her.