Birthday Party Ends In Murder-Suicide
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (CBS13) – A woman was apparently shot and killed at her child’s birthday party by her brother, who then took his own life, authorities said.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said the brother and sister were in the midst of a heated argument and walked into the garage of her residence on the 5800 block of San Ardo Way just before 6:00 p.m.
The man shot the woman, identified by neighbors as Delores Tornel, and then walked back inside the home and brandished the handgun.
Family members fled the home, and the man returned to the garage, where he took his own life, authorities said.
The subject of their argument is not known. Family members had apparently gathered at the home for a birthday party for Delores’ 12-year-old son when the fatal incident took place.
Detectives are treating the case as an apparent murder-suicide.