Birthday Party Ends In Murder-Suicide
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (CBS13) – A woman was apparently shot and killed at her child’s birthday party by her brother, who then took his own life, authorities said.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said the brother and sister were in the midst of a heated argument and walked into the garage of her residence on the 5800 block of San Ardo Way just before 6:00 p.m.
The man shot the woman, identified by neighbors as Delores Tornel, and then walked back inside the home and brandished the handgun.
Family members fled the home, and the man returned to the garage, where he took his own life, authorities said.
The subject of their argument is not known. Family members had apparently gathered at the home for a birthday party for Delores’ 12-year-old son when the fatal incident took place.
Detectives are treating the case as an apparent murder-suicide.