Birthday Party Ends In Murder-Suicide
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
NORTH HIGHLANDS, Calif. (CBS13) – A woman was apparently shot and killed at her child’s birthday party by her brother, who then took his own life, authorities said.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said the brother and sister were in the midst of a heated argument and walked into the garage of her residence on the 5800 block of San Ardo Way just before 6:00 p.m.
The man shot the woman, identified by neighbors as Delores Tornel, and then walked back inside the home and brandished the handgun.
Family members fled the home, and the man returned to the garage, where he took his own life, authorities said.
The subject of their argument is not known. Family members had apparently gathered at the home for a birthday party for Delores’ 12-year-old son when the fatal incident took place.
Detectives are treating the case as an apparent murder-suicide.