Work Finished On Bay Bridge Eastbound Detour
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Motorists crossing the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge en route to various Memorial Day events don’t need to expect any additional delays.
Work on the eastbound Bay Bridge detour near the Toll Plaza was completed Sunday morning, a Caltrans spokesman said.
Work to realign the eastbound lanes began at 1 a.m. and was finished at 8:15 a.m.
The detour will allow construction of the new East Span’s Oakland Touchdown to be completed ahead of schedule, according to transportation officials.
The new bridge will open to traffic in both directions in 2013.
(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services may have contributed to this report)