Work Finished On Bay Bridge Eastbound Detour
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Motorists crossing the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge en route to various Memorial Day events don’t need to expect any additional delays.
Work on the eastbound Bay Bridge detour near the Toll Plaza was completed Sunday morning, a Caltrans spokesman said.
Work to realign the eastbound lanes began at 1 a.m. and was finished at 8:15 a.m.
The detour will allow construction of the new East Span’s Oakland Touchdown to be completed ahead of schedule, according to transportation officials.
The new bridge will open to traffic in both directions in 2013.
(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services may have contributed to this report)