Work Finished On Bay Bridge Eastbound Detour
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Motorists crossing the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge en route to various Memorial Day events don’t need to expect any additional delays.
Work on the eastbound Bay Bridge detour near the Toll Plaza was completed Sunday morning, a Caltrans spokesman said.
Work to realign the eastbound lanes began at 1 a.m. and was finished at 8:15 a.m.
The detour will allow construction of the new East Span’s Oakland Touchdown to be completed ahead of schedule, according to transportation officials.
The new bridge will open to traffic in both directions in 2013.
(Copyright 2011 by CBS San Francisco. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services may have contributed to this report)