Restaurants, Bars Being Warned Of Fake Bills Circulating In Midtown
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Local restaurants and retailers are being warned about bogus bills being passed in Midtown Sacramento.
Last week, R-15 restaurant took $300 worth of fake $20 bills, and a few fake $100 bills as well.
Managers say the bills are surprisingly high quality, and the counterfeit detected pens don’t work.
“It’s mostly a bar thing; I think people come in and they want to do a quick transaction, get it done, and they think people aren’t paying attention,” says one R-15 employee.
R-15 has since added a new counterfeit detection system that uses black light to check for proper markings.