Restaurants, Bars Being Warned Of Fake Bills Circulating In Midtown
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Local restaurants and retailers are being warned about bogus bills being passed in Midtown Sacramento.
Last week, R-15 restaurant took $300 worth of fake $20 bills, and a few fake $100 bills as well.
Managers say the bills are surprisingly high quality, and the counterfeit detected pens don’t work.
“It’s mostly a bar thing; I think people come in and they want to do a quick transaction, get it done, and they think people aren’t paying attention,” says one R-15 employee.
R-15 has since added a new counterfeit detection system that uses black light to check for proper markings.