Two Armed Robbers Storm Elk Grove Bank
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) –Police are asking for help in identifying two armed suspect who stormed into an Elk Grove bank armed with guns and demanding money.
The bank robbery happened on Thursday morning at about 10:45 a.m. at the Bank of the West on Sheldon Road. Both suspects were armed with guns.
One suspect jumped over the counter area and got into a vault where he took an undisclosed amount of money. The other stood on top of a counter and took money form a teller’s drawer.
Witnesses said the suspect got away in a white four door vehicle which officers later found abandoned in a nearby neighborhood. The vehicle had been reported stolen on June 1.
The first suspect is described as a 20-year-old black man, 5’8” tall with a thin build. He was wearing a ski mask, a dark jacket, blue jeans that were cuffed at the bottom, athletic shoes, and gloves.
The second suspect is described as black man, also 20-year-old, 5’10” tall with a thin build. He was wearing a ski mask, a black hooded sweatshirt, gray pants, athletic shoes, and gloves.
Anyone with information about this robbery is asked to call the Elk Grove Police Department Detective Bureau at (916) 478-8060 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357). Callers to Crime Alert can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.00. Tips can also be sent via SMS text message by entering CRIMES (274637) on a cell phone, followed by Tip732 (agency identification number) and the message.