Burglary Suspect Arrested After Leaving Backpack Behind
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A home break-in suspect was easily tracked down after leaving behind a backpack with picture ID and her address, according to authorities.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said victim of a home invasion was away on vacation when the crime took place and was stunned to find many personal valuables, including his pickup truck, stolen from his residence.
The victim found a strange backpack he had never seen before, and when he searched it, he allegedly found 42-year-old Kellie Trull’s driver’s license tucked inside.
The victim drove to Trull’s listed address, the 6100 block of Burns Way, and found her sitting inside his truck, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Ramos.
“She was in possession of the victim’s vehicle and inside the residence, numerous items belonging to the victim,” Ramos said.
The victim called 911 and deputies arrested Trull on charges of motor vehicle theft and receiving stolen property.
She is being held at the Sacramento County Main Jail on $20,000 bail.