Burglary Suspect Arrested After Leaving Backpack Behind
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A home break-in suspect was easily tracked down after leaving behind a backpack with picture ID and her address, according to authorities.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said victim of a home invasion was away on vacation when the crime took place and was stunned to find many personal valuables, including his pickup truck, stolen from his residence.
The victim found a strange backpack he had never seen before, and when he searched it, he allegedly found 42-year-old Kellie Trull’s driver’s license tucked inside.
The victim drove to Trull’s listed address, the 6100 block of Burns Way, and found her sitting inside his truck, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Ramos.
“She was in possession of the victim’s vehicle and inside the residence, numerous items belonging to the victim,” Ramos said.
The victim called 911 and deputies arrested Trull on charges of motor vehicle theft and receiving stolen property.
She is being held at the Sacramento County Main Jail on $20,000 bail.