Firefighter Injured In Fair Oaks Blaze Talks To CBS13
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) — A local firefighter who was injured in the line of duty last week is talking to CBS13 about the incident that had him and others fearing the worst.
Jeffrey Wells was injured last week while fighting a fire at a residence in Fair Oaks. Wells was standing on the roof of a burning garage when it suddenly gave way from under him and he fell into the flames below.
“There was a short period of time inside where I didn’t think I was coming out,” said Wells.
The firefighting intervention crew pulled Wells out and he was taken to the UC Davis Medical Center with severe burns to the back of his neck.
“They worked very quickly and very rapidly to get me out. But when you’re in there and it’s getting very hot, time seems to slow down a little bit,” said Wells.
Wells is a 21-year veteran of the Sacramento Metro Fire Department. He says he can’t wait to get back on the job.