Sacramento Man Arrested For Shining Laser Pointer At Police Helicopter
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento man may have thought it was a prank, but his alleged prank landed him in jail.
Sacramento police say they were searching for a stolen vehicle by air when a laser was pointed at the chopper from somewhere on the ground.
Officers in the helicopter were able to direct ground units to the location on Dale Avenue where they caught the suspect red-handed.
The dangerous prank could have caused the chopper to crash, say police.
“It’s so bright it could blind the crew up there and cause a crash. So, we do take it very seriously,” said Sgt. Aquino of the Sacra memento Police Dept.
The man is now facing at least one felony.