Sacramento Man Arrested For Shining Laser Pointer At Police Helicopter
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento man may have thought it was a prank, but his alleged prank landed him in jail.
Sacramento police say they were searching for a stolen vehicle by air when a laser was pointed at the chopper from somewhere on the ground.
Officers in the helicopter were able to direct ground units to the location on Dale Avenue where they caught the suspect red-handed.
The dangerous prank could have caused the chopper to crash, say police.
“It’s so bright it could blind the crew up there and cause a crash. So, we do take it very seriously,” said Sgt. Aquino of the Sacra memento Police Dept.
The man is now facing at least one felony.