Sacramento Man Arrested For Shining Laser Pointer At Police Helicopter
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento man may have thought it was a prank, but his alleged prank landed him in jail.
Sacramento police say they were searching for a stolen vehicle by air when a laser was pointed at the chopper from somewhere on the ground.
Officers in the helicopter were able to direct ground units to the location on Dale Avenue where they caught the suspect red-handed.
The dangerous prank could have caused the chopper to crash, say police.
“It’s so bright it could blind the crew up there and cause a crash. So, we do take it very seriously,” said Sgt. Aquino of the Sacra memento Police Dept.
The man is now facing at least one felony.