Sacramento Man Arrested For Shining Laser Pointer At Police Helicopter
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento man may have thought it was a prank, but his alleged prank landed him in jail.
Sacramento police say they were searching for a stolen vehicle by air when a laser was pointed at the chopper from somewhere on the ground.
Officers in the helicopter were able to direct ground units to the location on Dale Avenue where they caught the suspect red-handed.
The dangerous prank could have caused the chopper to crash, say police.
“It’s so bright it could blind the crew up there and cause a crash. So, we do take it very seriously,” said Sgt. Aquino of the Sacra memento Police Dept.
The man is now facing at least one felony.