One Dead, Several Hurt In Minivan Crash On Interstate 5
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ARBUCKLE (CBS13) – A minivan carrying seven people has overturned on Interstate 5 in Colusa County killing a 12-year-old child and injuring several others.
The accident happened just before 4:30 a.m. as the family in the van was returning from Los Angeles to their home in Washington.
CHP says the minivan was travelling northbound on I-5 when the driver lost control, possibly due to a blown tire. The van crossed into the median rolling over into the southbound lanes.
A 12-year-old girl was killed after possibly being ejected from the van. Two other children were flown by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center. Another child was taken by ground ambulance to UC Davis as well. A fifth child was walking around after the accident with minor injuries. The parents were taken by ambulance to Colusa Regional Hospital.
Crews have moved the van and the family’s possessions which were strewn about the roadway into the median. All traffic lanes are open.