One Dead, Several Hurt In Minivan Crash On Interstate 5
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
ARBUCKLE (CBS13) – A minivan carrying seven people has overturned on Interstate 5 in Colusa County killing a 12-year-old child and injuring several others.
The accident happened just before 4:30 a.m. as the family in the van was returning from Los Angeles to their home in Washington.
CHP says the minivan was travelling northbound on I-5 when the driver lost control, possibly due to a blown tire. The van crossed into the median rolling over into the southbound lanes.
A 12-year-old girl was killed after possibly being ejected from the van. Two other children were flown by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center. Another child was taken by ground ambulance to UC Davis as well. A fifth child was walking around after the accident with minor injuries. The parents were taken by ambulance to Colusa Regional Hospital.
Crews have moved the van and the family’s possessions which were strewn about the roadway into the median. All traffic lanes are open.