One Dead, Several Hurt In Minivan Crash On Interstate 5
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ARBUCKLE (CBS13) – A minivan carrying seven people has overturned on Interstate 5 in Colusa County killing a 12-year-old child and injuring several others.
The accident happened just before 4:30 a.m. as the family in the van was returning from Los Angeles to their home in Washington.
CHP says the minivan was travelling northbound on I-5 when the driver lost control, possibly due to a blown tire. The van crossed into the median rolling over into the southbound lanes.
A 12-year-old girl was killed after possibly being ejected from the van. Two other children were flown by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center. Another child was taken by ground ambulance to UC Davis as well. A fifth child was walking around after the accident with minor injuries. The parents were taken by ambulance to Colusa Regional Hospital.
Crews have moved the van and the family’s possessions which were strewn about the roadway into the median. All traffic lanes are open.