One Dead, Several Hurt In Minivan Crash On Interstate 5
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ARBUCKLE (CBS13) – A minivan carrying seven people has overturned on Interstate 5 in Colusa County killing a 12-year-old child and injuring several others.
The accident happened just before 4:30 a.m. as the family in the van was returning from Los Angeles to their home in Washington.
CHP says the minivan was travelling northbound on I-5 when the driver lost control, possibly due to a blown tire. The van crossed into the median rolling over into the southbound lanes.
A 12-year-old girl was killed after possibly being ejected from the van. Two other children were flown by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center. Another child was taken by ground ambulance to UC Davis as well. A fifth child was walking around after the accident with minor injuries. The parents were taken by ambulance to Colusa Regional Hospital.
Crews have moved the van and the family’s possessions which were strewn about the roadway into the median. All traffic lanes are open.