One Dead, Several Hurt In Minivan Crash On Interstate 5
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
ARBUCKLE (CBS13) – A minivan carrying seven people has overturned on Interstate 5 in Colusa County killing a 12-year-old child and injuring several others.
The accident happened just before 4:30 a.m. as the family in the van was returning from Los Angeles to their home in Washington.
CHP says the minivan was travelling northbound on I-5 when the driver lost control, possibly due to a blown tire. The van crossed into the median rolling over into the southbound lanes.
A 12-year-old girl was killed after possibly being ejected from the van. Two other children were flown by helicopter to UC Davis Medical Center. Another child was taken by ground ambulance to UC Davis as well. A fifth child was walking around after the accident with minor injuries. The parents were taken by ambulance to Colusa Regional Hospital.
Crews have moved the van and the family’s possessions which were strewn about the roadway into the median. All traffic lanes are open.