Schwarzenegger Says He Misses Austria And Schnitzel
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
VIENNA (AP) — Under fire in California, Arnold Schwarzenegger is rediscovering the simple, gentler pleasures of Austria, the country of his birth.
In Vienna for an environment conference, the former governor of California began his speech Tuesday in German instead of English. And he focused not on green themes but on the familiar things he misses in California — “the music of Mozart,” or “a juicy wiener schnitzel.”
He says he is “extremely happy to be here again.” And the ex-Terminator says “I’ll be back” — in the fall, to open a Schwarzenegger museum in his Austrian hometown of Thal, near Graz.
Schwarzenegger’s popularity in the U.S. was nose-diving as he left office last year and has sunk even further in the wake of revelations that he fathered a child with his housekeeper.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)