Man, 20, Dies In Single-Car Accident Near Galt

GALT (CBS13) – A young man headed to work early this morning died after losing control of his vehicle and smashing into a tree near Galt, according to the California Highway Patrol.

CHP says 20-year old Ryan Vlavianos was driving on westbound Twin Cities Road near Hardesty Lane when he crashed just before 6:00 a.m.

Vlavianos, who was driving a white Nissan Sentra, apparently started to swerve off the road, then overcorrected and ended up driving off the road and smashing into a tree.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

No other injuries were reported.

Westbound lanes were closed so crews could tow the remnants of the car.

Comments

1. Sharon Stone says:

It was a while mailbu, actually.

1. Matt says:

Yeah, that is the important part of the story. Thanks for your post!

2. joe says:

Actually he died

2. ALR28 says:

RIP, too bad for this guy. He probably was texting and driving.

1. Mace says:

I know right. These people will learn to look at the road while driving. This was a senseless death. I bet people are still saying this could never happen to me. Stop it with these electronic devices while driving, not only can u kill someone, but u can die too!

2. subiechik says:

i know the family of the deceased, and he actually fell asleep. he was NOT texting.

3. manoah says:

NO HE WAS NOT!!!!!!!!!!! He was a responsible young man married 6wk to a wonderful young girl! He was hard working did not smoke or drink!!! he was active in helping people and cared for and loved his parents and grandparents. You made a STUPID and HURTFUL assumption. He is known and loved by hundereds of people who know him personally. for the sake of the family please be more careful when making uncaring thoughtless comments.

4. Flori says:

Perhaps he fell asleep at the wheel that early in the morning and awoke, panicked and over corrected. Imagine though if he was texting….how the person on the other end would be feeling. Either way there are many people whose lives have changed for ever from this tragic accident.

3. Treece says:

either paying attention to a cell phone and not the road…. or fell asleep behind the wheel.

4. Mell says:

Don’t judge! No one was in that car so you can’t say what caused the accident. Maybe a tire blew out or an animal got in his way. But no on can say for sure what happened. So please let this young man alone!

No, I’m not saying that I know for sure either but don’t be so quick to judge!

1. BOpinionated says:

Thanks for saying that because that is what I’m thinking as I read all the negative comments! Let’s save the negativity and share it only IF it is reported that he was being foolish! Although, in the end, it is sad either way and the negative comments don’t help and they don’t change the fact that people do foolish things.

My condolences to the family of this young man.

2. subiechik says:

wow it is so sad that when someone doesn’t know the deceased personally they feel they can say anything. did you ever think that his family is reading these comments? I know the family of the deceased personally as i mentioned above and i’m only posting again because you can’t say “it was either cellphone distraction or he was sleeping at the wheel for staying up all night socializing on the internet” like you know what happened as fact. your cruel comments are hurting this man’s family, including his new wife. they had only been married one month. She is devastated. Just got off the phone with his cousin and he is still in shock….his best friend and a close friend of ours also is reeling. He was exhausted from his work schedule and fell asleep at the wheel. Now you know for a FACT what happened.

3. subiechik says:

wow. it is so sad that when someone doesn’t know the deceased personally they feel they can say anything. did you ever think that his family is reading these comments? I know the family of the deceased personally as i mentioned above and i’m only posting again because you can’t say “it was either cellphone distraction or he was sleeping at the wheel for staying up all night socializing on the internet” like you know what happened as fact. your cruel comments are hurting this man’s family, including his new wife. they had only been married one month. She is devastated. Just got off the phone with his cousin and he is still in shock….his best friend and a close friend of ours also is reeling. He was exhausted from his work schedule and fell asleep at the wheel. Now you know for a FACT what happened.

4. MSN says:

what is wrong with you, beatrice with 3z’s?!! you really felt the need to post your mean comment on 2 seperate news outlets regarding this man’s death? shame on you! your ignorance on the cause of this crash is disgusting & hurtful.

5. Steve C. says:

A good friend of mine was run off the road 3 weeks ago by someone who was texting, This was seen by a witness that was behind the swerving vehicle. While my buddy was not seriously hurt, his vehicle was totaled.

6. Beatrizzz says:

RIP………was probably using cellphone or was falling asleep at the wheel….now days these kids don’t get enough sleep because they stay awake socializing on the internet……SAD TRAGEDY!

7. Chris Kiki Duran says:

it’s funny how right away people who don’t know the facts are so quick to put their 2 cents in it! Ryan is a co-worker and friend of mine who in his passing has shaken up a whole company and all who knew him. Before 6 am we are worried about arriving at work not texting.

1. subiechik says:

thank you for posting this. it’s wonderful to see someone on here besides me who knew him. I know his family better but through them have heard the news that alcohol and texting have been ruled out as a cause of the accident.

8. Coni says:

Only God Knows how and why.

9. Flori says:

Please before posting something that might be painful to the family and friends of this young man,,, THINK! Think how you would feel if this was your family member. Regardless of how this tragedy happened there are loved ones that are hurting and whose lives have changed forever. My heart goes out to them.

10. Flori says:

My heart goes out to the family and friends of this young man.

11. Kimberly says:

A tragic accident. May everyone not judge him. Or judge his family. Think of all the sad grief his family is now going thru. A new wife…..so sad. THINK people before you post things. Just a young man, going to work to support his family. Not a drug user or a gang member. Just a young man who was doing what his partent’s taught him to do. Be a responsable man and provide for his self and his new wife. Pray for his family. Death is so hurtful to the ones who are left behind.

12. Walter Johnson says:

Walt J
    I was the person who made the 911 call just a few minutes after the accident and tried to aid the 911 operator. Even at the scene, I felt deeply sorry for the family. Finding out more details about his life only brings tears to my eyes. A few of us have been praying for the family since Thursday.

I know that I am not a friend of the family, but I feel a deep burden and would like to come and give respect at any services the family would welcome me.
    My wife and I have looked but have not seen service time. If allowed, it would be an honor to attend. Please post any detail here.

My deepest sympathies to the Family at this time of loss.

13. cmorno says:

I can’t imagine the heartbreak that this family is going through. my family has lost a son in a traffic accident. It is a horrible tragedy. My condolences to his family.

If speed was a factor, slow down. I know that road well and it is not a road to not be paying attention or for speeding.

14. bobbi & Rudy says:

our deep sorry & prayers to his family. we live in Oklahoma, but have known his family our whole life. Please know that the family is in our prayers. So sad, so tragic.

15. Car accident atlanta says:

Incidents from car accidents might be devastating to a person. Just how somebody particular person will be affected can vary from one person to another. uk

16. Vaclav Pindour Danyluk says:

Exactly like business employers, personnel come with an obligation to make sure a safe as well as balanced functioning natural environment. Being an staff you’ve got a responsibility for the health and also the …Wypadki Uk

17. Qlicq Quers says:

You are the victim of an car crash and still have been encountering discomfort within your rear considering that. It is currently moment for pay out and you have been recently diagnosed with a bulging drive in your …wypadek samochodowy w uk

18. dating site scams says:

Wonderful put up, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite specialists of this sector do not realize this. You must proceed your writing. I’m sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!|What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & help different users like its helped me. Good job.