Man With Assault Rifle Killed In Officer Involved Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Deputies shot and killed a man who allegedly opened fire at law enforcement with an assault rifle Sunday night in the Arden-Arcade area.
A Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputy responded to a disturbance call near Whitney Avenue and Morrow Street at about 9:30 p.m. and was confronted by a man who was brandishing an assault rifle.
The suspect allegedly opened fire, forcing the deputy to retreat and call for backup, authorities said.
A second deputy arrived on scene a short time later and was also fired upon by the suspect. Both deputies returned fire, fatally wounding the alleged gunman.
Neither deputy was seriously hurt in the exchange.
A motive for the incident and the identity of the suspect have not been released.