Man With Assault Rifle Killed In Officer Involved Shooting
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Deputies shot and killed a man who allegedly opened fire at law enforcement with an assault rifle Sunday night in the Arden-Arcade area.
A Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputy responded to a disturbance call near Whitney Avenue and Morrow Street at about 9:30 p.m. and was confronted by a man who was brandishing an assault rifle.
The suspect allegedly opened fire, forcing the deputy to retreat and call for backup, authorities said.
A second deputy arrived on scene a short time later and was also fired upon by the suspect. Both deputies returned fire, fatally wounding the alleged gunman.
Neither deputy was seriously hurt in the exchange.
A motive for the incident and the identity of the suspect have not been released.