TV Tumbles Off Cart, Killing Girl
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
COLUSA (CBS13) — A freak accident turned into tragedy at a local church after 7-year-old girl was killed from a television falling on top of her.
The accident happened right in front of the little girl’s brothers and sisters. The children had gone to the Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Colusa around 1 p.m. Tuesday with their mother.
The victim, who goes to school at the church, was in the conference room when she and her brother moved a TV stand that had a large TV on it.
The TV fell off the stand and hit her on the head, knocking her unconscious, according to the Colusa County Sheriff’s Dept.
When paramedics arrived, they found the girl on the floor with severe head trauma. The child was taken to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Her mother was not in the room when the accident happened.
Parishioners said the family was a big part of the tight-knit congregation, and that the mother volunteers regularly at the church. The children’s father is said to be a well-known doctor.
The identity of the little girl has not yet been released.