TV Tumbles Off Cart, Killing Girl
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
COLUSA (CBS13) — A freak accident turned into tragedy at a local church after 7-year-old girl was killed from a television falling on top of her.
The accident happened right in front of the little girl’s brothers and sisters. The children had gone to the Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Colusa around 1 p.m. Tuesday with their mother.
The victim, who goes to school at the church, was in the conference room when she and her brother moved a TV stand that had a large TV on it.
The TV fell off the stand and hit her on the head, knocking her unconscious, according to the Colusa County Sheriff’s Dept.
When paramedics arrived, they found the girl on the floor with severe head trauma. The child was taken to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Her mother was not in the room when the accident happened.
Parishioners said the family was a big part of the tight-knit congregation, and that the mother volunteers regularly at the church. The children’s father is said to be a well-known doctor.
The identity of the little girl has not yet been released.