TV Tumbles Off Cart, Killing Girl
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
COLUSA (CBS13) — A freak accident turned into tragedy at a local church after 7-year-old girl was killed from a television falling on top of her.
The accident happened right in front of the little girl’s brothers and sisters. The children had gone to the Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Colusa around 1 p.m. Tuesday with their mother.
The victim, who goes to school at the church, was in the conference room when she and her brother moved a TV stand that had a large TV on it.
The TV fell off the stand and hit her on the head, knocking her unconscious, according to the Colusa County Sheriff’s Dept.
When paramedics arrived, they found the girl on the floor with severe head trauma. The child was taken to the hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Her mother was not in the room when the accident happened.
Parishioners said the family was a big part of the tight-knit congregation, and that the mother volunteers regularly at the church. The children’s father is said to be a well-known doctor.
The identity of the little girl has not yet been released.