Jaycee Lee Dugard Describes How She Survived Captivity

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Talking through tears, a California woman held captive for nearly two decades told of the pain and determination as she gave birth to her captor’s child in his backyard prison, while she was still just a young teenager.

“It was very painful,” Jaycee Dugard told ABC News’ Diane Sawyer in an interview on “Primetime” that aired Sunday night. “She came out and then I saw her. She was beautiful. I felt like I wasn’t alone anymore. I had somebody who was mine.”

The 31-year-old woman, usually clear and composed, grew emotional when she talked about seeing the first of two girls fathered by her kidnapper, Phillip Garrido.

When Sawyer asked how old she was at the time of the birth in the San Francisco Bay Area city of Antioch she said “14” with a small, incredulous laugh and a shake of her head.

She said she didn’t know how she could protect the child, but said “I knew I could never let anything happen to her. I didn’t know how I was going to do that, but I did.”

Dugard talked to Sawyer on a couch and on a porch at her California home. The blond hair she had in now-familiar photographs from her childhood is now reddish-brown, and she wore a red sweater and a necklace with a pinecone charm on it, representing the last thing she touched before her 18-year captivity.

The interview came on the eve of Dugard’s memoir about her time in captivity, “A Stolen Life,” which will be released Tuesday.

Dugard told Sawyer there was “a switch” she had to shut off to emotionally survive her rape and imprisonment. Asked by Sawyer how she stayed sane, Dugard said: “I don’t know. I can’t imagine being beaten to death, and you can’t imagine being kidnapped and raped. You just do what you have to do to survive.”

She described walking to the school bus stop on the day of a fifth-grade field trip and being zapped with a stun gun on a South Lake Tahoe street at age 11.

She said she heard Garrido laughing and telling his wife Nancy Garrido “I can’t believe we got away with it,” calling the moment “the most horrible moment in your life, times 10.”

Dugard said she tried to hold in her tears because of her cuffed hands.

“I tried not to cry because I couldn’t wipe them away,” she said, “and then they get itchy.”

She recalled the soundproof door of the backyard studio that Garrido shut and locked each time he left her.

“I can still hear it, consciously, when I’m awake,” Dugard said. “Some sounds and smells just don’t leave you.”

Dugard told Sawyer that in later years despite going out into public with her captors, she was just too scared to try to leave, especially for her daughters. The fear was fueled by what the Garridos told her about the world.

“What I knew was safe,” she said. “The unknown out there was terrifying, especially when thinking about the girls.”

Parole officers paid visits throughout the years to the home to check on Garrido and give him drug tests, but none reported any irregularities.

“I actually talked to one of the agents, and the agent proceeded to give Phillip his urine test and left,” Dugard said. “He made me feel like he didn’t really care.”

Phillip Garrido, 60, a serial sex offender, was given the maximum possible sentence of 431 years to life in prison last month after pleading guilty to kidnapping and 13 sexual assault charges, including rape and committing lewd acts captured on video.

His plea was part of a deal with prosecutors that saw Nancy Garrido, 55, sentenced to 36 years to life after pleading guilty to kidnapping and rape.

Without going into many details, Dugard talked about the long, drug-fueled sex sessions Garrido would put her through, and said that to her great confusion he would cry afterward.

“He would tell me what an awful man he was,” Dugard said. She said she would think that despite her own terrible pain, “I have to comfort him?”

Dugard told of her strange relationship with Nancy Garrido, who she said was “very jealous of me for some reason, like I wanted her husband to rape me, very jealous, and sick.”

Dugard said she is not full of rage, that to be angry all the time would be to let Phillip Garrido win.

But her mother, Terry Probyn, who was interviewed by Sawyer alongside her daughter, said she was.

“I think I have enough hate in my heart for the both of us,” Probyn said. “I hate that he took her life away, I hate that he stole her from me, he ripped out a piece of my heart, and he stole my baby.”

She then looked to her daughter.

“He stole your childhood, he stole your adolescence, he stole your high school proms, and pictures and memories.”

Dugard’s reply: “But he didn’t get all of me.”

Comments

1. enoughtofJC says:

Jaycee, you forgot to say thank you to the taxpayers for the $20 million. Just go away please.

2. whenisthebooktobereleased says:

You should be locked in an iron box off and on for 18 years then give birth without something for pain when only a child, you should have a raunchy ugly creep forcing you to do all kinds of sex with him all the time. You should have a worthless parole officer not doing his job so you could be be set free. Some one should put duck type on your nose and mouth and tie ya up. Why don’t ya take a trip to Florida.

1. Susan Seeman-Pultz says:

i think what Jaycee went through was horrid. I am glad she is back home with her family. She now has a chance to have a normal life, without the threat of this guy ever hurting her again. I hope that guy gets the death penalty even though they don’t they are gonna outlaw that in California.

3. Rob says:

She doesn’t have to say Thank u to us, what an evil thing to say… U r ugly inside and out!

4. nitengale says:

I feel sorry for YOU. Where is your heart and compassion for other human beings? It makes me wonder what your parents taught you about kindness, compassion and caring for others. I will be praying for YOU. Only someone that is miserable in their own life would say something like you did. I pray your life gets better.

5. Reality says:

#1) Jaycee getting $20 Million from the state was absurd. Compare her to say Juan Roberto Melendez who also lost 18 years of his life. Melendez was wrongfully convicted of a crime he didn’t commit and got to spend much of his life on death row. What amount of money could make up for that lost time and the PTSD, mental and physical abuse he faced in prison? Well, they gave him $100, a shirt, a pair of pants and still to this day haven’t apologized to him.

#2) Jaycee had numerous opportunities to talk to the police and never did it. While that is unquestionably A LOT to ask of a young girl (and later FULL GROWN ADULT), at the same time, it sounds like a case of parents not properly educating their children. When I was 11 years old (her age at abduction), my parents drilled it into me that if I were ever kidnapped, NO MATTER WHAT THE KIDNAPPERS SAID (even if it meant threatening killing my own parents), to go tell the police, a fireman, a doctor, etc, etc, etc, the first chance I got.

And yes, I am well aware of the effects of Stockholm Syndrome.

#3) With her $20M from the state, book deal, interview fees, movie rights, etc, etc, etc… Jaycee is going to be worth around $100M before too long. I wonder how many people in the US would give up 18 years of their life to go through what she went through in exchange for being 30 years old and having a bank account of $100M? I’ll bet there are quite a few people who would do this.

While what Jaycee went through was not pleasant by any stretch of the imagination, the facts are that she never to work a day for the rest of her life and she can be sipping mojitos out on her private yacht in Tahiti while enjoying having her servants cook lobster for her for the next 70 years.

The facts are that children get abused, raped, beaten, etc all over this country every single day… some by their own parents, some by foster parents, some by extended family members, some by kidnappers, etc, etc, etc. Those children have massive PTSD and emotional scarring as well. Yet they don’t get $100M in their bank accounts. So if you want to feel sorry for someone, feel bad for those kids.

In conclusion, while I feel bad that Jaycee went through this ordeal, at the same time she is getting WAY too much attention. If she wasn’t some cute little blonde girl and instead was some minority boy, would he be getting this massive level of this attention? Most certainly not.

Cheers!

1. Spilt Milk says:

1. Reality says:

Spilt Milk writes: “This HAS to be the most ignorant comment I have ever read. You are a sad individual.”

LOL… why don’t you list out all the parts in detail that you felt were SO ignorant to the extent that it was THE MOST ignorant comment you have ever read?

Cheers!

6. gio2020 says:

I am surprised the state only had to cough up $20 million and not $100 million for doing such a horrible job of keeping that creep locked up…better yet why couldn’t we just execute him and his partner and call it good….they don’t deserve to be alive. And you should join them…what a jerk you are.

7. Reality says:

gio2020 writes: “What kind of creep/self-serving ogre are you? Obviously you have zero inkling of human compassion….you only care about $$$”

What part of “what Jaycee went through was not pleasant by any stretch of the imagination” are you incapable of comprehending?

What part of “I feel bad that Jaycee went through this ordeal” are you unable to understand?

———

“I am surprised the state only had to cough up $20 million and not $100 million for doing such a horrible job of keeping that creep locked up…”

lol… you just said above that I only care about $$$ and then you write that. Classic.

———

“better yet why couldn’t we just execute him and his partner and call it good….they don’t deserve to be alive. And you should join them…what a jerk you are.”

Let me guess… you’re a Christian.

——–

“I can tell you if it were my daughter this happened too…there would numerous contracts on his Garrido’s head….and how dare you blame that poor family!!”

If it were my daughter, it wouldn’t have happened because I wouldn’t have left her alone going to and from a bus stop.

Cheers!

8. gio2020 says:

Look Mr. Reality-
    Yes. I am a Christian and yes I am a compassionate conservative and guess what I have 5 daughters..(and I am not on any type of assistance..so don’t go there) …so don’t preach your pompous B.S. to me!!
    How another parent could be so insensitive to the pain and agony this poor family has suffered is beyond my comprehension. You are a very insensitive person and how dare you get on your pedestal and say his would never happen to your daughter because she would never be alone. No matter how many precautions parents take, horrific acts happen every day. There is no guarantee for anyone….if our justice system were not broken, it might help a small inkling to keep these type of creeps off the street. The fact of the matter is that Garrido and his wife are a sorry excuse to be classified as a human. They both need to be given a lethal injection and disposed of like the rabid dogs they are.

1. Reality says:

gio2020 writes: “Look Mr. Reality. Yes. I am a Christian”

LOL… obviously you need to re-read your Bible. If you were really a follower of Christ, then you wouldn’t be running around calling other people “jerks” and wouldn’t be putting out contracts on people’s heads.

——–

“and yes I am a compassionate conservative”

Yes, VERY compassionate indeed.

——-

“and guess what I have 5 daughters..(and I am not on any type of assistance..so don’t go there)”

Too bad you are brainwashing them with a fictitious 2K year old book with contents that you clearly don’t understand.

—-

“How another parent could be so insensitive to the pain and agony this poor family has suffered is beyond my comprehension. You are a very insensitive person and how dare you get on your pedestal and say his would never happen to your daughter because she would never be alone. No matter how many precautions parents take, horrific acts happen every day.”

I “dare” say that it wouldn’t happen because my daughter wouldn’t have been walking to and from a bus stop by herself because she WOULDN’T.

This family had lived in this location for less than a year. A school bus stop is a prime location for a child molester. It’s not rocket science. I would have driven my daughter to school myself.

——-

“if our justice system were not broken, it might help a small inkling to keep these type of creeps off the street.”

Our justice system is broken because people in our society (mainly religious conservatives) are so afraid of their own shadows that they want to lock everyone up in prison. This is why we have more people in jail both per capita and in aggregate of any country in the entire world. If we’d stop arresting everyone, then we could focus more on REAL criminals like these scuzzbuckets.

——-

“The fact of the matter is that Garrido and his wife are a sorry excuse to be classified as a human.”

The fact of the matter is that he is one of “God’s Children” and if religion didn’t exist, perhaps Jaycee never would have been kidnapped. We’ll never for sure, however the odds that he wouldn’t have kidnapped her would have increased somewhat as perhaps he would have been more mentally stable or perhaps it would have made it easier for the rest of society to realize the guy was mentally unstable. This is a result of studies indicating that the more someone believes in religion, the lower their IQ level.

——-

“They both need to be given a lethal injection and disposed of like the rabid dogs they are.”

LOL… VERY Christian of you indeed.

Why do you want to kill Jesus? After all, he says that whatsoever you do to the least of his people, that you do unto him. But hey, what do the words of your own Savior matter? Just another classic case of Christian hypocrisy.

Cheers!

9. gio2020 says:

You know I can’t believe you have the nerve to blame religion for this lunatics delusional state of mind. If you recall, he was already in prison for a 50 year sentence for a violent rape…and let out on parole…religion has nothing to do with it..so stop bagging on the Christians..Charles Manson had his own version of religion as well along with his groupies…

What are you talking about…”Why do I want to kill Jesus??” or your line of garbage that “I am brainwashing my kids”……you have to be kidding me…what a caustic insensitive person you are.

1. Reality says:

gio2020 writes: “You know I can’t believe you have the nerve to blame religion for this lunatics delusional state of mind.”

In the simplest fashion possible: Religion = Delusion.

In the nicest possible fashion, spend a few minutes of your life, watch the video below and perhaps you’ll be able to see why:

————

“If you recall, he was already in prison for a 50 year sentence for a violent rape…and let out on parole…religion has nothing to do with it..so stop bagging on the Christians..”

Philip Garrido is a religious nut. In fact, he got caught as a result of his “God’s Desire” program.

————

“Charles Manson had his own version of religion as well along with his groupies…”

Exactly my point… another delusional religious nut.

———–

“What are you talking about…”Why do I want to kill Jesus??”

You are a Christian, so you should know. Never to mind that I already explicitly stated why by paraphrasing when I said, “whatsoever you do to the least of his people, that you do unto him.” But if you need the entire passage, here you go:

~*~*~*~*~

From Matthew:

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

~*~*~*~*~

Thus, according to YOUR Savior, you should be going TO prison and visiting Jaycee’s kidnappers and treating them well because by doing so, you are doing the same to Jesus himself. Instead, you want to kill them which is akin to killing Jesus according to the Bible.

————-

“or your line of garbage that “I am brainwashing my kids”……you have to be kidding me…”

If you are teaching them religion, then you are brainwashing them. Here are the realities: If you didn’t teach them religion, the statistics indicate that they will be MORE intelligent, have a lower chance of teen pregnancy and have a lower chance of becoming divorced.

————-

“what a caustic insensitive person you are.”

The Bible says not to judge! A big no-no!

———-

“And you know something….I don’t care how many jails or outsourcing is needed for whatever foreign country wants the contract to house the overcrowded criminals….I do not want violent predators out on the street… or out on parole for good behavior…period.”

Neither do I. The answer is to release a ton of people that don’t belong in jail in the first place. These include non-violent drug users, prostitutes, etc, etc, etc. Then we could use those resources to go after REAL criminals like the idiots that kidnapped Jaycee.

Peace!

1. Believer says:

Reality:
        Wow!! Seriously, I am not being sarcastic or anything, but you would make one fearsome preacher! Just a pity (now don’t be mad, please) that you don’t believe in Jesus as the Son of God. You had some real valid points (actually all your points where rather valid) ..what I am trying to say is that you really have an insight into what Jesus wants from us more than what most Christians have; this world could do with a few Biblical truths!
        Back to Jaycee…yes, I think we can all agree that what she has had to live through is beyond unfair, and I too agree that it is not right how the government has treated Juan Roberto Melendez – both of these unfortunate people have lost so much of their lives due the negligence of certain state departments. There are so many cases of extreme child abuse which government officials had opportunities to prevent, but failed to do so due to negligence or being under staffed, I don’t know why, but they didn’t intervene. For what ever reason, the government is at fault for giving more compensation to one and not to the other; it is not Jaycee’s fault and she shouldn’t be criticized for receiving such compensation. We don’t know, but maybe she will start some kind of foundation for abused children….but whatever, she is not at fault.
        Finally, I would like to add that God gave us free will. Free will to make all kind of choices, including the choice to believe in Him or not. He would have that we believe in Him, but there are many that don’t. As God Himself gave this free will, who are we to judge those who refuse Him? If God Himself does not force Himself upon us, why should we force Him on others? One thing we must know; whatever choices we make, good or bad, they are our choices and we can never blame God for them.

I wish you a pleasant day:-)

2. Reality says:

Believer writes: “Wow!! Seriously, I am not being sarcastic or anything, but you would make one fearsome preacher!”

Can I get an Amen from the congregation!?! 😉

——

“Just a pity (now don’t be mad, please) that you don’t believe in Jesus as the Son of God.”

We are all the sons and daughters of God if he exists.

For the record, I went to faith based schools for 12 years, volunteered at my church, was on the payroll for my church, etc. So I used to be strong believer. I’ll talk some more about believing in Jesus later on in my response.

————

“You had some real valid points (actually all your points where rather valid)”

Thank you. I appreciate having an educated conversation with someone who is open-minded.

———-

“..what I am trying to say is that you really have an insight into what Jesus wants from us more than what most Christians have; this world could do with a few Biblical truths!”

LOL… you got exactly the point I was attempting to get across. While I disagree with organized religion as a whole, I still have a great deal of respect for those that REALLY try to live up to their self-imposed higher standard. For instance, take Tim Tebow…. the guy is religious to the utmost degree, but he had the courage to do the anti-abortion commercial before the SuperBowl (which likely was fodder in the locker room for others teasing him) and he would spend his free time traveling to places like the Philippines helping the needy by physically getting his hands dirty.

What I can’t stand are the hypocritical Christians who can’t even get the basics down.

Part of the reason why I left the church was because I realized I was being a hypocrite. I knew that I didn’t want to live up to all the standards. I didn’t want to spend all of my free time helping others. I wanted to have a few nice cars instead of donating all that money to the poor and needy. I could have just as easily spent way less and helped thousands of kids in Africa instead. So I realized I was just being a hypocrite. Instead of being a hypocrite, I simply removed my label. By not having my “Christian” label, it doesn’t preclude me doing good works and at least I was being honest with myself.

In terms of an example of hypocrisy, many Christians love to quote this line from the Bible in order to “justify” their bigotry toward hom-osexuals:

“If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable.”

Yet “amazingly” they “conveniently forget” to quote the rest of that EXACT SAME LINE that reads, “They MUST be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

So the Christians only want to follow PART of God’s command, but not the rest of it. Talk about the epitome of hypocrisy. If they don’t like hom-osexuality because God says so, then why aren’t they out killing them since God says they MUST do it?

Or for another example, Jesus says that the way to get into Heaven is to sell EVERYTHING you own. I had no desire to sell everything I owned despite Jesus saying that I should. So it was just making me a hypocrite by calling myself a Christian (follower of Christ) when in fact I was deliberately choosing to ignore his commands.

——-

“Back to Jaycee…yes, I think we can all agree that what she has had to live through is beyond unfair, and I too agree that it is not right how the government has treated Juan Roberto Melendez – both of these unfortunate people have lost so much of their lives due the negligence of certain state departments. There are so many cases of extreme child abuse which government officials had opportunities to prevent, but failed to do so due to negligence or being under staffed, I don’t know why, but they didn’t intervene. For what ever reason, the government is at fault for giving more compensation to one and not to the other”

Agreed. The point I was attempting to assert is that we as a society tend to have more sympathy for white, cute kids than we do for others. Jon Benet Ramsey was another notable example. I don’t recall many kids of color who might not have been as “cute” having this much attention thrown in their direction. Every child that gets abused, raped, abducted or killed is just as important as Jaycee… yet we as a society tend not to give those kids the same amount of media attention.

——-

“it is not Jaycee’s fault and she shouldn’t be criticized for receiving such compensation. We don’t know, but maybe she will start some kind of foundation for abused children….but whatever, she is not at fault.”

I completely agree it is not her fault. If I were in her shoes, I would have done the same thing. I’m not trying to blame her for accepting the money.

———

“Finally, I would like to add that God gave us free will.”

From a religious philosophical standpoint, whether or not anyone has a choice is up for debate since the concepts of “Free Will” and “Omnipotence/Omniscience” conflict themselves. I realize that believers have tried to make “rationalizations” to themselves as to how these go hand in hand, but the reality is that they conflict themselves.

———

“Free will to make all kind of choices, including the choice to believe in Him or not. He would have that we believe in Him, but there are many that don’t.”

Regarding this statement along with your earlier statement saying it was a pity that I don’t believe in Jesus:

It isn’t necessarily that I don’t believe in a Supreme Being (since it is impossible to disprove a negative). I have however ruled out that God had anything to do with the Bible as it is SO full of errors that one has two logical choices which I’ll discuss below.

I’ve written the following to many people (so not “directed at” you):

~**~**~**~

Is God omniscient and omnipotent? I’m going to assume you will say yes.

Did God have a hand in authoring the Bible? I’m going to assume you will say yes again.

Thus, now let me inform you that the Bible is riddled with error after error after error and false prophecy after false prophecy.

As a tiny sampling, it contradicts itself starting in THE VERY FIRST TWO CHAPTERS of Genesis when the order of creation is mixed up to having only 2 of the 4 Gospel writers bothering to talk about the birth of Jesus (and those two accounts conflict with each other so badly that their timelines actually make it IMPOSSIBLE for Jesus to even have been born based on their accounts) to 3 of the 4 Gospel writers not agreeing on what the final words of Jesus were. If I saw the Son of God die right in front me, I think I’d remember his last words verbatim…. wouldn’t you? I think you would.

Moreover, Jesus had 4 brothers and at least 2 sisters. Isn’t it is pretty interesting that Jesus’ brothers didn’t follow him around everywhere… I know that if my brother were the Son of God, I’d always be at his side every second of the day. Yet apparently, they didn’t deem it to be of uber importance. If your brother was the Son of God, wouldn’t you follow him everywhere? I think you would.

Those items are just the tip of the iceberg.

With that said, logic dictates that one of two things has to be true:

1) God is an idiot who couldn’t remember the order of creation, Jesus’ birthdate, Jesus’ final words, etc.

2) God is not an idiot and therefore didn’t write the Bible.

I’ll let you decide which you want to believe.

If you believe God is intelligent, then you’d realize that he could have never written the Bible because it is riddled with errors. In fact, it is a slap in the face of God’s intelligence to even think he could have written something that I wouldn’t have even received a “C” in my English class on because it has so many errors in it. This isn’t to say that there isn’t a Supreme Being (as one cannot disprove a negative), just that it isn’t the one from the Bible.

How many times have you attended a Mormon Temple? What about a Muslim Mosque? What about a Hindu Temple? What about a Jewish Synagogue? How can anyone possibly know for certain that you’ve found the “right” religion while not experiencing the others that millions upon millions of others find to be their salvation? If you haven’t, then you are the person that sits there and insists that Pepsi tastes better than Coke, but you have only tried the Pepsi and never the Coke. Yet, you will be steadfast in your belief that Pepsi is better despite having no conclusive first hand experience to prove otherwise. Thus, the ENTIRE argument is invalid.

When you come to the realization that if you were born in Iran that you would have the EXACT same zeal for Muhammad and Allah that you do for Jesus and God, then that will be a big awakening for you. If you were born in India, you’d have the EXACT same zeal for Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma that have for Jesus/God. If you were born in Tibet, you would have the EXACT same zeal for Buddha that you have for Jesus/God. So what does that say about the book you worship (when you wouldn’t have worshiped it based solely on geographic location of birth and religion of your parents)?

To deny it is to deny the truth. After all, the Truth Shall Set You Free…

~**~**~**~

A year or so ago, I was commenting on another site and they had a ridiculously low character restriction, so I created my own sub-site just to reply and posted the links to the info instead… some of my old posts still reside there despite my not using it any longer. On the site, I still have a random sampling of Biblical errors, false prophecies and historical inaccuracies from both the New and Old Testaments. If you are interested in gaining further insight on this topic, that particular posting is here:

——-

“As God Himself gave this free will, who are we to judge those who refuse Him? If God Himself does not force Himself upon us, why should we force Him on others?”

I agree with what you are saying. However, keep in mind that the Bible contradicts itself on the concept of judging and it does say that you should go out and spread the good news.

——

“One thing we must know; whatever choices we make, good or bad, they are our choices and we can never blame God for them.”

If God is omnipotent, then why can’t we blame him? If I were a child in Ethiopia, starving to death, with HIV and flies roaming around in my eyes, I think I’d be blaming God.

——

“I wish you a pleasant day:-)”

Thank you and I do the same for you. Despite us having some different perspectives, I want to commend you for a well written post and for acting like a Christian. Many of the “Christians” on here could learn a lot from you.

Peace! 🙂

10. Angelo Rodriguez says:

it’s so weird that she lived 1 mile away from my grandpas house

11. Vnique757 says:

God Bless Jaycee and her family!

1. Reality says:

Vnique757 writes: “God Bless Jaycee and her family!”

As mentioned above, her kidnapper was a religious nut who followed your same God. I think God has done enough to Jaycee as it is.

Peace!

12. A says:

God did not do this to Jaycee!!!!!Satan did it masquerading as a a wolf in sheep’s clothing. GOD is what gave her the strength to survive the unimaginable. I hope she will succeed in becoming a beacon of hope for all the other children out there being tortured by some sicko. GOD BE WITH YOU and GOD BLESS YOU, Jaycee and your family.

1. Reality says:

A writes: “God did not do this to Jaycee!!!!!”

He didn’t? If he is omnipotent, surely he could have stopped this. He could have simply snapped his fingers and had Phillip Garrido die of a heart attack just minutes before he attempted to kidnap Jaycee.

God also could have had the police discover Jaycee on countless occasions.

Etc, etc, etc…

——-

“Satan did it masquerading as a a wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Ah yes, Satan… let’s learn some facts about the Biblical Satan:

According to the Bible itself, God killed FAR more people than the “evil” Satan. Most people are shocked to learn about how many people the devil actually killed. In the Bible, the number of SPECIFIC references to the number of people that God killed is in excess of 2.3 Million.

None of that even accounts for abstract events such as “the flood,” then that number is likely in excess of 30 Million people.

And how many people has the devil killed? The answer is 10. Not 10 Million, not 10 Thousand, but rather 10. ….. That’s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Even more ironic is that the 10 people that he killed were in a “bet” of sorts with God with regard to Job and his family, so God was directly implicated in those as well.

So looking at the final specific tally that is most favorable to God, it is:

God Killed: 2,300,000+
      Satan Killed: 10

Don’t shoot the messenger… I’m only reporting what the Bible says.

If Satan REALLY wanted to control the people on this planet, then Satan would have written the Bible (and other various religious texts) himself and gained control of all the major religions. And no matter how hard people try, they CAN NOT say that Satan didn’t write the Bible because they weren’t there. Thus, they might be believing in a book written by the Devil himself… especially considering how many people the Bible COMMANDS it’s believers to kill.

———

“GOD is what gave her the strength to survive the unimaginable.”

Too bad God didn’t “give her the strength” to pick up the phone and dial 911.

——-

“I hope she will succeed in becoming a beacon of hope for all the other children out there being tortured by some sicko.”

I hope so as well.

——–

“GOD BE WITH YOU and GOD BLESS YOU, Jaycee and your family.”

God was apparently with her all the time according to you. Thus, God blessed her when she was kidnapped. I wonder how God will bless her next…

Peace!

13. HOPE says:

1. Reality says:

HOPE writes: “Birds of the same feathers flock together.. you’re of the same kind as Garrido!! tsk tsk.. Madness! you should name yourself “INSANITY!”

LMAO… another person who doesn’t have anything of value to add to the discussion and instead just wants to throw in a weak put down attempt. Let me guess…. you are a Christian as well.

The mere fact that you think that myself and Garrido (a serial kidnapper and child rapist) are of the “same feathers” just goes to show how absolutely delusional you are. Delusion is a mental illness as defined by the DSM IV. So congrats on that.

Cheers!