NorCal Teen Dies At Sleepover After Drinking An Unknown Substance
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a 14-year-old Northern California girl has died and three of her friends became ill after drinking an unknown substance mixed into their soda during a weekend sleepover.
Sonoma County Sheriff’s Lt. Steve Brown says paramedics found the girl dead on her bedroom floor around 9 a.m. Sunday. The girl had hosted a sleepover Saturday night at her Santa Rosa house.
Brown says the girl’s mother woke up during the night and saw the girls throwing up. They told her they were suffering from food poisoning.
The friends later told investigators that the girl had passed around a soda that had tasted strange, but they said they didn’t know what was in it.
Brown says he doesn’t know if the incident is alcohol-related. Toxicology reports are pending.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)