NorCal Teen Dies At Sleepover After Drinking An Unknown Substance
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a 14-year-old Northern California girl has died and three of her friends became ill after drinking an unknown substance mixed into their soda during a weekend sleepover.
Sonoma County Sheriff’s Lt. Steve Brown says paramedics found the girl dead on her bedroom floor around 9 a.m. Sunday. The girl had hosted a sleepover Saturday night at her Santa Rosa house.
Brown says the girl’s mother woke up during the night and saw the girls throwing up. They told her they were suffering from food poisoning.
The friends later told investigators that the girl had passed around a soda that had tasted strange, but they said they didn’t know what was in it.
Brown says he doesn’t know if the incident is alcohol-related. Toxicology reports are pending.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)