NorCal Teen Dies At Sleepover After Drinking An Unknown Substance
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a 14-year-old Northern California girl has died and three of her friends became ill after drinking an unknown substance mixed into their soda during a weekend sleepover.
Sonoma County Sheriff’s Lt. Steve Brown says paramedics found the girl dead on her bedroom floor around 9 a.m. Sunday. The girl had hosted a sleepover Saturday night at her Santa Rosa house.
Brown says the girl’s mother woke up during the night and saw the girls throwing up. They told her they were suffering from food poisoning.
The friends later told investigators that the girl had passed around a soda that had tasted strange, but they said they didn’t know what was in it.
Brown says he doesn’t know if the incident is alcohol-related. Toxicology reports are pending.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)