Big Rig And Car Collide In Fatal Accident On Highway 12
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY (CBS13) –A big rig and car have collided in the Delta killing one person on a road locals know as “blood alley.”
The accident happened around 5:30 a.m. along Highway 12 at Brannan Island Road in San Joaquin County near the border of Sacramento County.
CHP says a woman driving eastbound in a silver VW veered into the path of an oncoming big rig loaded with Red Bull.
The driver of the semi-truck swerved but did not have enough room to avoid the head-on collision.
Both the VW and truck rolled over into a ditch on the westbound side of the road.
The VW ended up a crushed mass of metal. The female driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Traffic was backed up for miles as emergency crews investigated the accident and cleared it away.
It took several hours to off-load about 35,000 pounds of Red Bull before the rig could be uprighted and towed away.
The investigation into why the VW veered into oncoming traffic is ongoing.