Big Rig And Car Collide In Fatal Accident On Highway 12
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY (CBS13) –A big rig and car have collided in the Delta killing one person on a road locals know as “blood alley.”
The accident happened around 5:30 a.m. along Highway 12 at Brannan Island Road in San Joaquin County near the border of Sacramento County.
CHP says a woman driving eastbound in a silver VW veered into the path of an oncoming big rig loaded with Red Bull.
The driver of the semi-truck swerved but did not have enough room to avoid the head-on collision.
Both the VW and truck rolled over into a ditch on the westbound side of the road.
The VW ended up a crushed mass of metal. The female driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
Traffic was backed up for miles as emergency crews investigated the accident and cleared it away.
It took several hours to off-load about 35,000 pounds of Red Bull before the rig could be uprighted and towed away.
The investigation into why the VW veered into oncoming traffic is ongoing.