Nurse: Folsom Prison Attack Not A Surprise
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
FOLSOM, Calif. (CBS13) –A woman who worked as a nurse inside Folsom State Prison said the sexual assault of a nurse inside the facility is a symptom of a much larger problem.
Old Folsom Prison has been locked down since a woman was attacked Wednesday afternoon, and investigators have not identified any inmates who may have been responsible for the incident.
An insider who asked not to be identified for fear of retribution said staff is often in danger thanks to “the Folsom Way,” unwritten rules she said often leaves inmates in nurses’ care without officers and denies inmates some medical treatments.
“It was only a matter of time,” she said. “The problem with Old Folsom is not a secret. Everybody knows about it, all the employees talk about it.”
The insider said she her concerns were brushed off when she talked with supervisors. “In fact, you’re kind of labeled a troublemaker,” she said.
Folsom State Prison spokesperson Lt. Paul Baker said the investigation into the assault on the nurse is ongoing and will review the circumstances that led up to the incident.
“We’ll make those determinations and we’ll take action to remedy any problems with procedures and safety protocols,” Baker said.