Nurse: Folsom Prison Attack Not A Surprise
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM, Calif. (CBS13) –A woman who worked as a nurse inside Folsom State Prison said the sexual assault of a nurse inside the facility is a symptom of a much larger problem.
Old Folsom Prison has been locked down since a woman was attacked Wednesday afternoon, and investigators have not identified any inmates who may have been responsible for the incident.
An insider who asked not to be identified for fear of retribution said staff is often in danger thanks to “the Folsom Way,” unwritten rules she said often leaves inmates in nurses’ care without officers and denies inmates some medical treatments.
“It was only a matter of time,” she said. “The problem with Old Folsom is not a secret. Everybody knows about it, all the employees talk about it.”
The insider said she her concerns were brushed off when she talked with supervisors. “In fact, you’re kind of labeled a troublemaker,” she said.
Folsom State Prison spokesperson Lt. Paul Baker said the investigation into the assault on the nurse is ongoing and will review the circumstances that led up to the incident.
“We’ll make those determinations and we’ll take action to remedy any problems with procedures and safety protocols,” Baker said.