Parents Arrested For Alleged Filthy Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LODI, Calif. (CBS13) – Police arrested the parents of four children for allegedly letting their home degenerate into a filthy and dangerous environment.
The Lodi Police Department responded to reports of a fight at Kendra Brooks and Jeremy Maxwell’s apartment, but quickly arrested the couple after discovering what officers called “disgusting” conditions.
“Animals live in better conditions,” said Lodi Police Sgt. Fernando Martinez.
Responding officers said they immediately smelled the rancid odor of rotting food and dirty diapers and had to maneuver around piles of dirty clothes and trash.
Photos from the scene show downright dangerous situations, police said, including open bottles of liquor within reach of the four kids, ranging from 1 to 5 years old. Officers said they also found a sleeping baby just inches away from the spinning blades of an open fan.
“If the fan would have been knocked over it would have caused serious injury to that child,” Sgt. Martinez said.
Brooks and Maxwell are facing felony child endangerment charges, and Brooks is also facing a charge of domestic violence. Their children are staying with family members.