Parents Arrested For Alleged Filthy Home
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
LODI, Calif. (CBS13) – Police arrested the parents of four children for allegedly letting their home degenerate into a filthy and dangerous environment.
The Lodi Police Department responded to reports of a fight at Kendra Brooks and Jeremy Maxwell’s apartment, but quickly arrested the couple after discovering what officers called “disgusting” conditions.
“Animals live in better conditions,” said Lodi Police Sgt. Fernando Martinez.
Responding officers said they immediately smelled the rancid odor of rotting food and dirty diapers and had to maneuver around piles of dirty clothes and trash.
Photos from the scene show downright dangerous situations, police said, including open bottles of liquor within reach of the four kids, ranging from 1 to 5 years old. Officers said they also found a sleeping baby just inches away from the spinning blades of an open fan.
“If the fan would have been knocked over it would have caused serious injury to that child,” Sgt. Martinez said.
Brooks and Maxwell are facing felony child endangerment charges, and Brooks is also facing a charge of domestic violence. Their children are staying with family members.