SF Police Kill Suspect In Shootout
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – San Francisco police say they’ve recovered a handgun believed to be the one used by a man who was shot to death by officers Saturday.
Police say the gun, which was not recovered immediately after the 5 p.m. shooting in the city’s Bayview District, was believed to have been taken from the ground as officers tended to the suspect.
The fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man came after officers say the man ran when they tried to question him on a Muni light rail platform.
Police Sgt. Michael Andraychak says as the suspect ran, he fired back at the officers. At least one of the officers fired back. The officers were not hurt in the incident.
The name of the man has not been released. He died in a hospital around 7 p.m. Saturday.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting are being investigated.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)