SF Police Kill Suspect In Shootout
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – San Francisco police say they’ve recovered a handgun believed to be the one used by a man who was shot to death by officers Saturday.
Police say the gun, which was not recovered immediately after the 5 p.m. shooting in the city’s Bayview District, was believed to have been taken from the ground as officers tended to the suspect.
The fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man came after officers say the man ran when they tried to question him on a Muni light rail platform.
Police Sgt. Michael Andraychak says as the suspect ran, he fired back at the officers. At least one of the officers fired back. The officers were not hurt in the incident.
The name of the man has not been released. He died in a hospital around 7 p.m. Saturday.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting are being investigated.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)