SF Police Kill Suspect In Shootout
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – San Francisco police say they’ve recovered a handgun believed to be the one used by a man who was shot to death by officers Saturday.
Police say the gun, which was not recovered immediately after the 5 p.m. shooting in the city’s Bayview District, was believed to have been taken from the ground as officers tended to the suspect.
The fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man came after officers say the man ran when they tried to question him on a Muni light rail platform.
Police Sgt. Michael Andraychak says as the suspect ran, he fired back at the officers. At least one of the officers fired back. The officers were not hurt in the incident.
The name of the man has not been released. He died in a hospital around 7 p.m. Saturday.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting are being investigated.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)