SF Police Kill Suspect In Shootout
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – San Francisco police say they’ve recovered a handgun believed to be the one used by a man who was shot to death by officers Saturday.
Police say the gun, which was not recovered immediately after the 5 p.m. shooting in the city’s Bayview District, was believed to have been taken from the ground as officers tended to the suspect.
The fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man came after officers say the man ran when they tried to question him on a Muni light rail platform.
Police Sgt. Michael Andraychak says as the suspect ran, he fired back at the officers. At least one of the officers fired back. The officers were not hurt in the incident.
The name of the man has not been released. He died in a hospital around 7 p.m. Saturday.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting are being investigated.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)