Bikes Stolen From Sacramento Bike Share Program
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
Thieves targeted Sacramento’s bike share program. Program organizers say someone stole a credit card and used it to check out and steal three bikes.
The program lets cyclists rent bikes from one of two kiosks in midtown. It was launched last month and organizers say they will step up security measures.
“This is really probably just the work of probably just one person who got a hold of a stolen wallet and exploited a weakness in the system just one time,” said Iron Cycles owner Adrian Moore.
Insurance money will cover replacement bikes.