Bikes Stolen From Sacramento Bike Share Program
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
Thieves targeted Sacramento’s bike share program. Program organizers say someone stole a credit card and used it to check out and steal three bikes.
The program lets cyclists rent bikes from one of two kiosks in midtown. It was launched last month and organizers say they will step up security measures.
“This is really probably just the work of probably just one person who got a hold of a stolen wallet and exploited a weakness in the system just one time,” said Iron Cycles owner Adrian Moore.
Insurance money will cover replacement bikes.