Bikes Stolen From Sacramento Bike Share Program
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
Thieves targeted Sacramento’s bike share program. Program organizers say someone stole a credit card and used it to check out and steal three bikes.
The program lets cyclists rent bikes from one of two kiosks in midtown. It was launched last month and organizers say they will step up security measures.
“This is really probably just the work of probably just one person who got a hold of a stolen wallet and exploited a weakness in the system just one time,” said Iron Cycles owner Adrian Moore.
Insurance money will cover replacement bikes.