Cops: Women Took Baby Along On Crime Spree
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (CBS13) – Two Oakland women are expected to face a judge today, on charges of taking a 4-month old baby on a crime spree.
Police say the baby’s mother Raven Stewart and her friend Lache Rodriguez started breaking into cars in Berkeley and Emeryville around noon last Friday.
Officers caught them around 8 p.m. after a security camera captured one of the crimes in Emeryville.
Police sent the women’s pictures to local security firms, and they were spotted trying to return stolen items to a Target store.
“Women don’t tend to be the ones going around doing burglaries in the day time. But what really threw us for a loop is that one of them brought along their 4-month-old baby with them,” said Emeryville Police Officer Brian Head.
The baby was taken into protective custody and later turned over to another family member.