Cops: Women Took Baby Along On Crime Spree
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
OAKLAND (CBS13) – Two Oakland women are expected to face a judge today, on charges of taking a 4-month old baby on a crime spree.
Police say the baby’s mother Raven Stewart and her friend Lache Rodriguez started breaking into cars in Berkeley and Emeryville around noon last Friday.
Officers caught them around 8 p.m. after a security camera captured one of the crimes in Emeryville.
Police sent the women’s pictures to local security firms, and they were spotted trying to return stolen items to a Target store.
“Women don’t tend to be the ones going around doing burglaries in the day time. But what really threw us for a loop is that one of them brought along their 4-month-old baby with them,” said Emeryville Police Officer Brian Head.
The baby was taken into protective custody and later turned over to another family member.