Cops: Women Took Baby Along On Crime Spree
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (CBS13) – Two Oakland women are expected to face a judge today, on charges of taking a 4-month old baby on a crime spree.
Police say the baby’s mother Raven Stewart and her friend Lache Rodriguez started breaking into cars in Berkeley and Emeryville around noon last Friday.
Officers caught them around 8 p.m. after a security camera captured one of the crimes in Emeryville.
Police sent the women’s pictures to local security firms, and they were spotted trying to return stolen items to a Target store.
“Women don’t tend to be the ones going around doing burglaries in the day time. But what really threw us for a loop is that one of them brought along their 4-month-old baby with them,” said Emeryville Police Officer Brian Head.
The baby was taken into protective custody and later turned over to another family member.