Mom Arrested After Leaving Children Alone In Hot Car
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento mother is behind bars on child endangerment charges after police say she left her two young children alone in a car on a hot day.
Police arrested 25-year-old Kimberly Lester just after noon on Tuesday after getting a 911 call about children left in a car in downtown Sacramento.
Officers arrived at 21st Street and Capitol Avenue to find a 7-year-old and one-and-a-half year old inside a car. Police believe the children were left alone in the car for a minimum of 25 minutes.
The children have been taken into protective custody.
Lester is being held in the Sacramento County Jail on $50,000 bail. She is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday.