Mom Arrested After Leaving Children Alone In Hot Car
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento mother is behind bars on child endangerment charges after police say she left her two young children alone in a car on a hot day.
Police arrested 25-year-old Kimberly Lester just after noon on Tuesday after getting a 911 call about children left in a car in downtown Sacramento.
Officers arrived at 21st Street and Capitol Avenue to find a 7-year-old and one-and-a-half year old inside a car. Police believe the children were left alone in the car for a minimum of 25 minutes.
The children have been taken into protective custody.
Lester is being held in the Sacramento County Jail on $50,000 bail. She is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday.