Boreal To Open Terrain Park To Snow Enthusiasts Saturday
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (CBS13) – Skiers and snowboard will get a rare chance to hit the slopes in late July.
Boreal Mountain Resort announced Thursday that it planned to open a chairlift to a single run with a terrain park on Saturday, July 23, thanks to a lingering snowpack from a wet winter.
Beginner runs will not be available, representatives said in a statement.
“Since we still have all the snow still on the mountain we decided to open up for a day so our guests can enjoy it,” said Boreal marketing director Jon Slaughter.
The resort plans to have the run open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Saturday and will have rental and retail equipment available. Lift tickets will cost $25 for ages 13 and up, and $15 for children ages 5-12.