Schwarzenegger Doesn’t Want To Pay Shriver Support

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Arnold Schwarzenegger has indicated in court filings that he does not want to pay Maria Shriver spousal support or her attorney’s fees in their divorce case.

The couple announced they had split in May, and Schwarzenegger later disclosed he had fathered a child with a member of his household staff.

The actor and former California governor filed his response to Shriver’s divorce petition Wednesday in Los Angeles.

The issues of whether Shriver will receive spousal support and who will pay her attorney’s fees are the only differences in their initial filings to end their 25-year marriage.

They are seeking joint custody of two of their sons, who are 17 and 13.

Shriver filed for divorce on July 1.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

1. LOL says:

I dont want to pay rent every month either… im still SOL. this guy is a … ( insert opinion here).

2. G. Maupin says:

I am sure that Maria DIDN”T WANT you to father a child with the housemaid. I am sure she DIDN”T WANT, or deserve to be publicly humiliated by, YOU, Arnold. I am sure she DIDN’T WANT to hear about all your hookups with (insert name of tramp). This is a bed YOU MADE Arnold….shut up and PAY!

3. Tee says:

Classy Governator!…

4. Osama Hangaminichad says:

This is none of my business so I think I will just watch from the sidelines.

5. DC says:

In divorce court, the hands-down bread-winner always loses. Pay up Arnold, you know the law, having been ‘Governator’ and all.

6. Guy says:

All the reports I’ve seen say he’s worth somewhere between $400 – $500 million and she is entitled to half of it. She doesn’t need any support beyond that.

1. Michelle says:

She gave up her career for him to be governor. She’s entitled to compensation. Plus he certainly can afford it.

7. ken kado says:

you can’t say hasta la vista baby, the quickly without splitting some dineros arnie buddy

8. Mimi says:

Surprise! Damn deadbeat who can’t keep it in his pants.!

9. Poppy blake says:

SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU DECIDED TO ‘PLAY AROUND’ WITH SOME ‘HOUSE KEEPER’. AND LORD KNOWS HOW MANY OTHERS! YOU DISGRACED MARIA AND THE WHOLE STATE OF CALIFORNIA – AND IT’S TIME YOU LEARNED HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT!

10. Whitey says:

I don’t wanna die or pay any taxes…This idiot should of been indicted, but I guess he had trash on other so called officials

11. You better straighten up and fly right. says:

Arnold, are you a man or a mouse??? Or, rather a Louse???

Own up to your Responsibilities…..

You are one piece of work…. You are a disgrace to men all over the world…

12. Kat says:

Too bad! What makes him think that he is different from anybody else when it comes to divorce and spousal/child support? He is the one who was running around behind his wife’s back having affairs and making more babies. Pay up Arnold, you are NO different then anybody else!

13. John Munyer says:

What a classy ROAD APPLE !

14. Dora says:

The spousal support laws are all WRONG, she can take care of herself. He’s a PIG and should pay her attorney’s fees since it is his fault. I wish there was a law that made these PIGS pay for the pain and suffering they cause.
    After 17 years of marriage my husband dumped me for someone he meet playing Ebox while sitting home on unemployement. I lost EVERYTHING….but because I worked hard and had a good paying job, I was ordered to pay him spousal support…..So wrong!

15. luanne says:

I would say she probably doesn’t need the spousal support, unless of course she cannot work. She did quit her job for him to be governor; so maybe he should pay her for the time off?
    She should have physical custody of the children and he should pay child support. The kids are old enough to decide where to live, but I believe when one parent is out playing the field during the marriage, then that is not the parent the children should be raised by.
    I pray the best for you Maria.

16. luanne says:

Not know whether or not they had a pre-nup… if they did, I hope she had an attorney write it up, and if she didn’t, I hope she has an attorney smart enough to soak him for as much as possible.
    Maria is a very classy woman and she will be scooped up soon by another TV or Cable News Broadcast Affiliate, and I hope one day she finds someone who is deserving of her. He disgraced Maria, his children, both his & her families. I knew from the very beginning he wasn’t good enough for a Kennedy woman. He proved me right.
    I pray the best for you Maria.