Teen Killed, 8 Wounded In Birthday Party Shooting
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) – A 15-year-old boy has died and eight people were wounded after a shooting at a backyard birthday party in Stockton, police said Sunday.
At least one person in an adjoining backyard opened fire on a group of people attending the party around 11 p.m. Saturday, said Stockton police Lt. Jim Pickens. The teen died in a hospital around 9 a.m. Sunday.
The eight other people hit by gunfire included six adult males, one adult female and a male juvenile. Their conditions were not known.
Detectives were at the scene collecting shell cases, said Pickens. Police have not determined how many shots were fired or the number of weapons involved.
But investigators have determined that the shots were fired by a gunman, or gunmen, who went into the backyard and started shooting over a fence.
“It was not a neighbor who lived there,” said Pickens. “Somebody went into the backyard.”
Detectives have not identified any suspects, or determined a motive for the shooting.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)