Teen Killed, 8 Wounded In Birthday Party Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) – A 15-year-old boy has died and eight people were wounded after a shooting at a backyard birthday party in Stockton, police said Sunday.
At least one person in an adjoining backyard opened fire on a group of people attending the party around 11 p.m. Saturday, said Stockton police Lt. Jim Pickens. The teen died in a hospital around 9 a.m. Sunday.
The eight other people hit by gunfire included six adult males, one adult female and a male juvenile. Their conditions were not known.
Detectives were at the scene collecting shell cases, said Pickens. Police have not determined how many shots were fired or the number of weapons involved.
But investigators have determined that the shots were fired by a gunman, or gunmen, who went into the backyard and started shooting over a fence.
“It was not a neighbor who lived there,” said Pickens. “Somebody went into the backyard.”
Detectives have not identified any suspects, or determined a motive for the shooting.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)