Teen Killed, 8 Wounded In Birthday Party Shooting
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) – A 15-year-old boy has died and eight people were wounded after a shooting at a backyard birthday party in Stockton, police said Sunday.
At least one person in an adjoining backyard opened fire on a group of people attending the party around 11 p.m. Saturday, said Stockton police Lt. Jim Pickens. The teen died in a hospital around 9 a.m. Sunday.
The eight other people hit by gunfire included six adult males, one adult female and a male juvenile. Their conditions were not known.
Detectives were at the scene collecting shell cases, said Pickens. Police have not determined how many shots were fired or the number of weapons involved.
But investigators have determined that the shots were fired by a gunman, or gunmen, who went into the backyard and started shooting over a fence.
“It was not a neighbor who lived there,” said Pickens. “Somebody went into the backyard.”
Detectives have not identified any suspects, or determined a motive for the shooting.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)