Bachmann To Speak At California GOP Event In September
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann of Minnesota has a date with leading California Republicans.
The Republican congresswoman was announced Monday as a speaker at the California GOP’s state convention. She’ll give a banquet address during the gathering in Los Angeles in September.
Bachmann is a tea party favorite who has found herself in the thick of the 2012 race for the Republican presidential nomination.
Bachmann’s appearance is a win for the party, which has struggled to attract high-profile speakers at its last few conventions.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)