Gov. Brown Summoned For Jury Duty
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Gov. Jerry Brown is going a step beyond in doing the people’s business this week after receiving a notice for jury duty in Alameda County.
Brown spokesman Gil Duran said Monday that the governor received a summons asking him to call in Tuesday night to see if he will be needed at the courthouse on Tuesday or Wednesday.
As a former state attorney general and two-term governor, Brown has been party to plenty of court cases. In 1981, during his second term as governor, Brown served as foreman on a Sacramento jury that acquitted a man of malicious mischief.
His opponent last year, former eBay chief executive Meg Whitman, was called to jury duty in San Mateo County in the middle of their gubernatorial contest.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)