Lost Horses Found In Natomas Neighborhood Reunited With Owners
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
NATOMAS, Calif. (CBS 13) – Two wayward horses found galloping through a Natomas neighborhood with saddles on but no riders have been reunited with their owners thanks to an animal lover who found them.
When Robyn Thornton got a call Sunday night about two horses spotted galloping through a Natomas neighborhood, she did what she always does, she took them to her ranch.
“Animals find their way her, and I don’t know how,” explained Thornton. “Several pigs, potbelly pigs, dogs, my dogs are all rescues, a donkey.”
Robyn was up late trying to get the word out about the horses. She figured since the gelding and mare were saddled and appeared in good health, they had to belong to someone.
She posted notes about the riderless horses on Craigslists, newspaper lost and found sections, anywhere she thought someone might look.
She even contacted Good Day Sacramento and CBS Sacramento which featured the horses on a televised story this morning.
Shortly after the story aired, the horses were reunited with their owners. It turns out the horses had gotten spooked last night and thrown their riders.