Wildfire In Calaveras County Grows To 80 Acres
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
CALAVERAS COUNTY, Calif. (CBS13/AP) – Fire crews continue to battle an 80 acre wildfire burning in the hills above San Andreas.
The fire was reported shortly before 2 p.m. Monday in a rural area of rocky hills and heavy brush between San Andreas and Mountain Ranch, about 50 miles northeast of Stockton. The region is in the Sierra foothills of Northern California.
150 fire personnel are on the fire lines.
Late Monday night, fire fighters had the fire 50-percent contained. However, state fire officials say the wind is expected to pick up Tuesday afternoon, which could expand the Murray Fire or start spot fires from stray embers.