El Dorado County Prosecutor Arrested For DUI
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE, Calif. (CBS13) – A deputy district attorney is facing DUI charges after allegedly driving to work drunk Monday, authorities said.
A Placerville California Highway Patrol officer arrested Gloria Mas inside the district attorney’s office after a co-worker reported she had traveled to work while intoxicated.
CHP officials could not reveal details of their investigation into the allegations, but said that there was enough evidence for an arrest even though an officer did not see her behind the wheel.
El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson said any potential prosecution in the case would be handled by the California Attorney General’s office to avoid a conflict of interest.
“Everyone is accountable for their conduct regardless of whom they are or where they work,” Pierson said in a statement. “I will not be making any further public comments on the matter.”
CBS13 was unable to contact Mas at her El Dorado Hills home Wednesday.
The CHP is still investigating the case. Mas posted bail and was released from custody, and she will make her first court appearance within the next 30 days.