High Speed Chase Ends In Fatal Crash In El Dorado Hills
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM, Calif. (CBS13) – A major road in El Dorado Hills is partially closed after an overnight high speed chase ended in a fatal rollover crash.
Folsom Police says an officer first spotted a silver pickup truck driving erratically without headlights just before 3:00 a.m. near Iron Point Road and Empire Ranch Road.
The driver failed to pull over instead leading officers on a short but chaotic high speed chase.
Police say the driver, who was driving at time between 90 and 100 mph, made several U-turns, nearly hit a patrol car head-on, and almost ran over an officer who had stepped out of his car.
Eventually, the driver clipped another vehicle and lost control on Green Valley Road in El Dorado Hills. The truck rolled several times ejecting the male driver who was killed. It appears the driver was not wearing a seatbelt. No one else in the truck.
CHP officers are investigating the crash. It’s not known if alcohol and/or drugs were a factor. The name of the driver has not been released.