High Speed Chase Ends In Fatal Crash In El Dorado Hills
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM, Calif. (CBS13) – A major road in El Dorado Hills is partially closed after an overnight high speed chase ended in a fatal rollover crash.
Folsom Police says an officer first spotted a silver pickup truck driving erratically without headlights just before 3:00 a.m. near Iron Point Road and Empire Ranch Road.
The driver failed to pull over instead leading officers on a short but chaotic high speed chase.
Police say the driver, who was driving at time between 90 and 100 mph, made several U-turns, nearly hit a patrol car head-on, and almost ran over an officer who had stepped out of his car.
Eventually, the driver clipped another vehicle and lost control on Green Valley Road in El Dorado Hills. The truck rolled several times ejecting the male driver who was killed. It appears the driver was not wearing a seatbelt. No one else in the truck.
CHP officers are investigating the crash. It’s not known if alcohol and/or drugs were a factor. The name of the driver has not been released.