High Speed Chase Ends In Fatal Crash In El Dorado Hills
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM, Calif. (CBS13) – A major road in El Dorado Hills is partially closed after an overnight high speed chase ended in a fatal rollover crash.
Folsom Police says an officer first spotted a silver pickup truck driving erratically without headlights just before 3:00 a.m. near Iron Point Road and Empire Ranch Road.
The driver failed to pull over instead leading officers on a short but chaotic high speed chase.
Police say the driver, who was driving at time between 90 and 100 mph, made several U-turns, nearly hit a patrol car head-on, and almost ran over an officer who had stepped out of his car.
Eventually, the driver clipped another vehicle and lost control on Green Valley Road in El Dorado Hills. The truck rolled several times ejecting the male driver who was killed. It appears the driver was not wearing a seatbelt. No one else in the truck.
CHP officers are investigating the crash. It’s not known if alcohol and/or drugs were a factor. The name of the driver has not been released.